Senior Manager, Community Safety Policy
Employment Type: Full-Time
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people's lives with the world's best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
The Lyft Public Policy team is looking for a Senior Manager, Community Safety Policy to drive the development of a policy strategy for safety. This person will be responsible for both collaborating with internal business leaders to develop safety solutions and publicly representing the company with external stakeholders.
This person will be a thought leader in a fast changing landscape who is excited about the potential to have a meaningful impact on the lives of the millions of riders and drivers on our platform. The ideal candidate is a seasoned subject matter expert who can wear multiple hats, take initiative, and drive ideas into action.
* Be a leading voice in setting company priorities around safety
* Partner closely with internal teams including Policy, Product, Operations, and Legal to integrate the public policy perspective into company procedures, product pipelines, and programs
* Develop tools for tracking safety policies and present emerging trends and risks to Lyft's leadership
* Build up our thought leadership externally and create partnerships with industry experts, researchers, advocacy organizations, and community groups
* Serve as a resource to policymakers, regulators, and the public and represent the company's position in public forums
* 7-10 years of experience in Policy, Risk Management, Law Enforcement, Compliance, and/or Trust and Safety with a track record of achievements preferred
* Unparalleled business judgement with the ability to think critically and make strategic decisions
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Experience leading cross-functional working groups to achieve shared goals
* Media experience a plus
* Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
* Mental health benefits
* In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
* 401(k) plan to help save for your future
* 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
* Pre-tax commuter benefits
* Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.