Area Sales Manager - Medical
Employment Type: Full-Time
Provides strategic account management and sales leadership for a specific geography within the United States, which includes individual territory responsibilities as well impacting assigned Territory Manager Territories. Responsible for sales activities to include maintaining and expanding sales within existing customer base, prospecting and building pipeline for new business opportunities to include competitive accounts and targeted non-core physicians/businesses. Will be expected to develop pipeline of capital systems and to close all transactions (including services such as marketing, service contracts and disposables). Assist with the strategy and selling process (including closing transactions) of significant accounts in Territory Manager geographies. Will coach and mentor Territory Managers within assigned geography to enhance overall sales capabilities. Will work closely with regional sales leaders to plan and execute territory strategies to win account opportunities and achieve overall sales targets on a monthly and quarterly basis.
* Accountable for meeting or exceeding assigned sales objectives on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
* Develops quarterly, monthly and weekly plans designed to maximize customer relationships and improve face-to-face selling time in assigned territory.
* Develops strategy for all new capital pipeline opportunities, consults with Regional Sales Manager to validate strategies to advance all such opportunities through the sales cycle.
* Coach, mentor and lead Territory Managers through the sales process of significant accounts.
* Communicates and monitors all opportunities in a timely fashion and with a sense of urgency.
* Delivers tangible near term actions with a vision to longer-term sustainable revenues across company offerings.
* Through active listening and questions, understands and has the ability to influence the customer's decision-making process and leads the customer to positive decisions.
* Develop articulate value propositions.
* Develop and maintain strong relationships with Regional Sales Manager (RSM) that enables collaborative efforts to be utilized.
* Create accurate forecasts for the territory based on pipeline assessment.
* Develop strong relationships with key decision makers at multiple levels.
* Demonstrate thorough understanding with the Lumenis products and of competitive products and positioning.
* Responsible for updating Call Pattern Tracker demonstrating knowledge of target customers, competitive accounts, new growth opportunities and time and territory management; submitting reports to RSM consistently on a weekly basis.
* Responsible for accurate and useful updates in SalesForce.com on a daily basis.
* Consistently submit expenses each week in Concur.
* Required to continuously improve skills through company and outside training, demonstrating comprehension though achievement of associated examination threshold.
* Travel within the assigned territory and in the United States for training, tradeshows and company/team meetings is required.
Bachelor's degree in Business, Life Sciences or related discipline (commensurate experience may be substituted for degree).
3+ years of previous Surgical and Vision sales experience with demonstrated excellent results - greater than 100% achievement on a consistent basis.
A minimum of 2+-years selling medical equipment with preference given to lasers and/or light based technologies.
Possess the ability to drive results in a team environment with skills in demonstrating best practices and educating others on industry and selling.
Demonstrated knowledge and experience in managing and closing complex sales with the funnel management of quotas in excess of $3M annually.
The job description outlined above reflects general details as necessary to describe the primary functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, but should not be construed as an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may be asked to perform duties other.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.