Intern-IT Engineer - Summer 2022
Employment Type: Full-Time
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Lumen’s Internship Program is a path for career readiness in the 4th Industrial Revolution.
Be a part of an internship program, driving human progress through technology. During a 10- week period our summer interns innovate and make an impact by transforming industries across the globe and changing the world one connection at a time. Our interns are presented with real business challenges and provide solutions that make a difference across all areas of the company, all while learning the skills needed to successfully navigate the modern workplace.
- Innovate – to deliver solutions to real business problems
- Transform – your skills and knowledge through challenging work projects
- Connect – to our company and culture creating valuable connections with your intern peers, work team and leaders across the organization.
- Impact – through Community & Social Involvement – collaborate with our ERGs to give back and make an impact in the communities Lumen serves.
THE MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Software Developer in our Strategic Planning and Transformation organization, the Intern will be a part of IT Asset Management team. This is a technical team that manages our hardware asset management CMDB and our software asset management discovery tool. During the 10 weeks you will be a part of server and database data analysis, validation, and mitigation. Website content management and process documentation review.
The ideal intern will need a high level of engagement and ability to take initiative, ask questions and work in a team environment.
• Data analysis and troubleshooting
• Familiarity with GUI based tools
• Experience with Excel including pivot tables
• Familiarity with basic IT infrastructure (servers, databases, storage, networking devices)
• Scripting experience
WHAT WE LOOK FOR IN A CANDIDATE
- Education Requirements
- Enrolled at a 4-year accredited college or university, be a rising junior, a rising senior or master’s level education status at the start of the internship, graduating August 2022 – May 2023.
- Major/Degree: In pursuit of degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar technical degree field.
- Proficiency and understanding of;
- IT Infrastructure
- GUI based tools
- Professional Attributes
- Strong drive for results and taking initiative
- Ability to be resourceful and adaptable
- Willingness to ask questions and take initiative
- Ability to collaborate and have agility while making effective decisions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact with business partners and drive the conversation.
- Flexible and adapts well to change
- Work Setting
- Ideally the position will be in one of the following offices: Broomfield -CO, Littleton-CO or Remote
- Intern must be able to work 30-40 hours be week during the 10-week program (June – August)
- Intern must have reliable transportation to/from work location (Lumen does not provide transportation to/from Lumen office locations)
- US work authorization
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT
After completion and submission of your application, you will be asked to participate in a virtual video interview. This on demand interview will be a way for Lumen to learn more about you and your experience as it aligns to the internship position. A separate email invitation will be sent to you (check your spam) within 6 hours of application. For continued consideration in the summer internship program, please ensure you complete the video interview within 5 business days of application. Thank you!
Requisition #: 262142
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.