Intern - Copywriter - Summer 2022-Remote
Employment Type: Full-Time
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
LUMEN’S INTERNSHIP PROGRAM IS A PATH FOR CAREER READINESS IN THE 4TH INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION.
Be a part of an internship program, driving human progress through technology. During a 10- week period our summer interns innovate and make an impact by transforming industries across the globe and changing the world one connection at a time. Our interns are presented with real business challenges and provide solutions that make a difference across all areas of the company, all while learning the skills needed to successfully navigate the modern workplace.
- INNOVATE – to deliver solutions to real business problems
- TRANSFORM – your skills and knowledge through challenging work projects
- CONNECT – to our company and culture creating valuable connections with your intern peers, work team and leaders across the organization.
- IMPACT – through Community & Social Involvement – collaborate with our ERGs to give back and make an impact in the communities Lumen serves.
Lumen is seeking a creative Copywriter Intern to write clear and organically-optimized for publications and websites. The Intern selected for this role will primarily write educational and support content, so that external information-seekers can effectively find and understand the answers that they need. This content will include support articles, video scripts, and blog articles. The writer will be expected to perform all aspects of the content creation process: ideation, research, validating the research, content creation, feedback cycles, editing, legal reviews, and publishing.
The ideal intern for this role possesses excellent writing skills, as well as the ability to research new information and consolidate it into a comprehensible format. The candidate must also be capable of working in groups to find solutions, and determine how to make them understandable to the general public, and drive decisions with internal teams.
- Write clear, attractive copy with a distinct voice, that is geared towards sales and support
- Drive brand consistency across all company communications by crafting high-quality content that follows Lumen's branding and messaging format/style
- Collaborate with designers, agencies and other internal partners to design content layout
- Conduct high-quality research on new topics and be able to distill to a simple, understandable level
- Use SEO principles to maximize copy’s reach
- Source images and other content
- Edit and proof work to ensure high editorial standards are met across all content outputs
- Develop and implement brand guidelines
- Stay current on trends and competitors within the editorial sphere
WHAT WE LOOK FOR IN A CANDIDATE
- Enrolled at a 4-year accredited college or university, rising senior or master’s level education status at the start of the internship, graduating August 2022 – June 2023.
- Major/Degree: In pursuit of degree in English, Journalism, Public Relations, Advertising, Communications, or Media Studies, or related discipline
PROFICIENCY AND UNDERSTANDING OF:
- A drive to understand emerging techniques, trends, and philosophies in marketing, communications, technology, and social media
- Proven experience as a copywriter or related role preferred
- Knowledge of online content strategy and creation preferred
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
- Strong creative thinking skills and ability to think conceptually
- Comfortable working independently with little direction under tight deadlines
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills with a diligent eye for detail, language, flow, and grammar
- Proven ability to demonstrate brand voice
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong drive for results and taking initiative
- Ability to be resourceful and adaptable
- Eagerness to learn and receptive of constructive feedback
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT
After completion and submission of your application, you will be asked to participate in a virtual video interview. This on demand interview will be a way for Lumen to learn more about you and your experience as it aligns to the internship position. A separate email invitation will be sent to you (check your spam) within 6 hours of application. For continued consideration in the summer internship program, please ensure you complete the video interview within 5 business days of application. Thank you!
Requisition #: 264399
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.