Manager Solution Support - West - Flexible Locations
Employment Type: Full-Time
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen's network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Lumen is passionate about our customers, and we are looking for people who can help inspire them to turn their ideas into amazing realities. We are looking for diverse group of technically minded people that have a desire to further their careers with a company that is poised to change the world. If you like working in a dynamic, team-based environment; are passionate about innovation, delivering delightful customer experiences, and challenging yourself and others to explore what's possible when you combine people and technology, then you might have the ingredients we need to do amazing things.
Lumen Technologies is the Platform for Amazing Things! We're passionate about leveraging technology innovation for the betterment of humanity. As a Manager of Solution Support, you will have the opportunity to develop your team's technical and sales skills while contributing to the growth of our enterprise customers as they embrace the 4th Industrial Revolution. In this role will work in partnership with our Sales & Customer Success teams, where you and your team will contribute to our customers' success. The successful Manager nurtures an evolving team by continuously developing the team members, managing through change, and growing strong relationships within her or his ecosystem.
As the Manager of Solution Support, you will advance your teams understanding of Lumen products, systems, tools, and processes. The Solution Manager and Team will work with internal Lumen teams and the customer to ensure customer solution details and service attributes are appropriately conveyed to support customer success through their entire journey with Lumen
The Main Responsibilities
* Develop Team resources, set goals, partner closely with eco partners, respond quickly to changes in Regional workloads
* Demonstrate Lumen's corporate values, maintain a positive and open demeanor, encourage different points of view, move team forward through change; provide timely information; communicate context for business decisions; recognize accomplishments; foster teamwork and collaboration; drive continuous improvement in product and industry knowledge across the team.
* Develop strong customer relationships and act as a customer advocate within Lumen to ensure delivery of an exceptional customer experience while focusing team efforts on the best approach for driving customer satisfaction and a great customer experience.
* Self-enable the Solution Support team members by sharing knowledge of tools, systems, process, technology, and product across the Lumen portfolio
* Foster proficiency in the various tools required to perform successful research, tasks, and project related work
* Develop and mentor others in support engineering, sales, and customer success on technical aspects of tools, features, availability, and other elements of our Lumen product solutions to fit customer's needs; and provide technical product demonstrations required to both internal and external audiences
* Internal feedback loop to management, product, marketing, and operations regarding the customer experience, product features/functionality, process improvement, and service implementation/management within the Lumen portfolio
* Act as a change agent providing data driven feedback to sales and customer success to improve the overall customer experience and satisfaction.
* Drive collaboration with Product Management, Service Delivery, and other internal teams with the ultimate goal of accomplishing sales objectives, establish credibility and trust with the customer and improve the overall customer experience
* Customer advocate, driving adoption of services that improve customers' businesses
* Strong stakeholder management across the account team leadership including sales, customer success and other functions
What We Look For in a Candidate
* 5+ years relevant job experience in pre-sales and IT services industry; management experience is desired.
* Proven track record of leading technical pre-sales and/or consulting pre-sales teams in the achievement of sales results on a year over year basis
* Knowledge of Lumen products, systems, processes, and tools, with the ability to understand and communicate the Lumen portfolio to effectively position and support customer evaluation, adoption, and migration.
* Ability to independently orchestrate & lead discussions with clients across many levels including VPs, Directors and Architects within IT.
* Ability to form strong working relationships that bridge technical and business functions and obtain buy-in across complex organization with demonstrated ability to quickly establish trust with customers and engage with a shared vision for transformation and success.
* Ability to overcome business and technical hurdles, demonstrating the business benefits and operational path required to achieve change while maintaining focus on objectives while also managing through ambiguous and dynamic business environments.
* Expert problem-solving skills and ability to methodically understand and resolve complex issues across multiple products to integrate into a seamless customer solution
* Must demonstrate the ability to focus ambiguous customer needs into specific, deliverable requirements, and the ability to demonstrate creative solution development.
* Ability to develop strong team relationships and easily transfer technical information
* Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines and on multiple projects simultaneously, very detail oriented and demonstrated high degree of accuracy and attention to detail with good organizational capabilities
* Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
* Must possess expert level communication skills, capable of creating engaging proposals and presenting to customers at any level of expertise including both technical and executive audiences
* Ability to travel up to 20% of the time is required.
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, related fields or equivalent industry experience in the private sector or military
What to Expect Next
Based on your job application information you may be given the opportunity to complete a video interview immediately after applying. This will include a set of questions for you to record a response to in addition to Game Challenges. Completion of this video interview is a requirement in order to be considered for our open position. Now not a good time? No worries, we will also send you an email with a link to complete the video interview. We strongly recommend that you complete this within 5 days of your application date.
Requisition #: 248551
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position or your current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, 'protected statuses'). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
NOTE: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.