Powertrain Engineering Development Technician, Electric Motor
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are looking for a Technician, Drive Unit -Electric Motors to lead in the building and build-documenting of Electric Vehicle Drive Units throughout the progressive development build cycles. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates should have demonstrated the ability to learn quickly and work effectively in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment and be excellent at multi-tasking.
- Demonstrate expertise in building complex mechanical assemblies
- Be highly detail oriented and be able to record project build data both at the part level and system level
- Assemble and debug prototype drive unit assemblies.
- Make and modify parts as necessary to support assembly rigs and prototypes
- Proactively engage in a dynamic environment to ensure impeccable drive unit quality standards
- Work with engineers and other technicians involved in powertrain durability and NVH testing
- Maintain equipment calibration and well-organized work areas.
- Work with data acquisition system engineers and control systems engineers to continually improve part and build process data recording
- Perform EMI/EMC tests, electric motor HI-Pot tests, and electric motor induced shaft current measurements
- Coordinate with design engineers to highlight problems and suggest areas for improvement
- Develop novel ways to streamline processes and increase the reliability of testing operations
- Must have understanding and experience with the fundamentals of electric motor, stator/rotor relationship.
- Must be able to utilize lab equipment like oscilloscope,
- Must be able to run and understand tests such as hi-pot
- A “can-do” attitude and ability to motivate small build teams
- Strong fundamental understanding of how electric motors and gear-trains work
- Ability to disassemble and reassemble motors without instruction
- Root cause investigations and diagnoses at a system, modular, and component level
- Ability to measure with high precision tools including bore gauges, calipers, micrometers, and dial indicators
- Detail oriented personality with solid documentation and reporting skills including Microsoft office and computer software literacy
- Knowledge of power tools, pneumatic equipment, and Machine shop tools: Band saws, grinders, mill and lathe operation a plus
- Knowledge of electrical hazards, including precautionary measures around High Voltage equipment and spinning machinery
- Ability to use basic electrical tools: Digital Multimeter, Meg-Ohm tester, Thermal couple Meters, Hi-POT Tester, O-Scope
- Minimum of 3 years of automotive (or related) technician experience
- Great communication skills for relaying data (both verbal and written)
- Impeccable organization and clean work environment habits
- Experience with electric vehicle propulsion systems
- Experience with electric vehicles and/or automotive products a plus.
- Track record of getting amazing products to market on time with fantastic innovation.
- High School Diploma
- ASE certification a bonus
- Other technical or vocational schools or certification with automotive focus a bonus
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.