Financial Analyst I
Employment Type: Full-Time
Financial Analyst I is responsible for assisting in preparation, coordination, and documentation of financial analysis projects. Provides analytical support for forward-looking financial and business-related projects. Assists in the preparation of forecasts and analysis of trends in sales, finance, general business conditions, and other related areas. Supports the growing analytical need of the Finance team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Assists with the preparation of studies, reports, and analyses in areas of budgets, forecasts, financial modeling, statistical reports, cash-flow projections, and product profitability; manages assigned projects.
* Performs data mining and scrubbing; supports the Finance team in the areas of 'big data' gathering and ad-hoc research.
* Under supervision performs the operation, maintenance, and documentation of less complex financial modeling systems, such as asset liability, forecasting, budget and planning, and branch and product profitability.
* Works with supervisor or management to conduct special studies and surveys to summarize and analyze complete financial actions and prepares recommendations for policy, pricing, profitability, process, control, or action.
* May conduct special accounting studies, analyses, and cost studies as requested by management.
* Provides input to supervisor for enhancing practices and processes, employee development, quality of work, and customer service.
* Prepares routine reports and related package in support of ALCO committee meetings.
* Assists with providing interpretation and application of financial policies, governmental legislation, accounting theory or member financial regulations that may require an advanced knowledge of financial principles, practices and applications.
* Provides financial reports to management as requested, identifying the cost and earning contributions of all services, functions and departments of the Credit Union.
* Reviews and analyzes financial data in order to prepare reports detailing results of research conducted. Collects and analyzes data.
* Assists with facilitating the successful conclusion of complex financial cases, working with management and staff.
* May represent finance management in meetings with internal and external organizations, to find solutions, and implement new methods or processes.
* Performs budgeting, forecasting, and variance analysis.
* May participate in cash management and investing activities.
Education and/or Experience
* Bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline such as mathematics, economics, finance, or engineering with some relevant internship experience.
* Knowledge of statistical or financial analysis.
* Strong intellectual curiosity, with an interest in data analytics and modeling.
* Advanced knowledge of Excel and Word.
* Ability to prepare and analyze member transaction trends using statistical analysis and mathematical modeling.
Must also demonstrate conduct consistent with our Corporate Values:
* Practice open Communication with all levels;
* Be Accountable by taking ownership of customer issues and responsibility for one's actions;
* Foster Teamwork by cooperating and collaborating with other employees;
* Seek ways to make the workplace Fun for oneself & others;
* Conduct oneself with Integrity by being honest, trustworthy and ethical in all work activities and interactions;
* Work with a Service Orientation by having a genuine concern for the needs of one's customers and by being friendly, professional and following through on commitments; and
* Demonstrate Humility in all interactions and remember to leave one's ego at the door when one arrives to work.
Logix Federal Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status, or any other status protected by law.