Cyber Risk & Compliance
Employment Type: Full-Time
The candidate selected will provide support to the Space Information Security Office (ISO) Cyber Governance team.
As a member of the Space ISO team, this individual will leverage broad understanding of IT and cyber domains to improve the security posture of various elements of Space and determine the adequacy of current controls. The individual will support validation efforts to ensure risks have been mitigated or residual risks are being adequately managed as part of the overall risk register.
Position additionally responsible for, but not limited to the following:
* Support day-to-day information system security operations including data and software validations.
* Ensure the development, documentation, and presentation of security education, awareness, and training activities for users and others, as appropriate.
* Ensure system security measures comply with applicable government policies and accurately assess the impact of modifications and vulnerabilities for each system.
* Establishing effective working relationships with the other components of CIS, Enterprise IT, Business Area (BA) IT leadership, BA Information Security Officer (ISOs) teams, and customer
* Apply cyber security standards, directives, guidance and policies
* Conduct reviews and technical inspections to identify and mitigate potential security weaknesses and ensure that all security features applied to a system are implemented and functional.
* Basic understanding of Cyber Security Best Practices
* Experience utilizing agile frameworks for project lifecycle
* Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, cybersecurity, telecommunications, information systems, or a related field from an accredited college or university
* Experience in Microsoft Office Suite specifically Excel and Power Point
* Ability to research and analyze problems
* Ability to provide hands-on support to customers
* Demonstrated effective oral and written communicator to both management and technical staff
* Demonstrated team player with strong and effective customer care skills