ALIS Administrator - Mission Planning Admin / QRC
Employment Type: Full-Time
Who We Are:
At Lockheed Martin Aeronautics, we're taking innovation to the next level. From designing the most advanced air vehicle to designing aircraft that defies gravity, our engineers live on the cutting edge of technology. Never have the opportunities for a technical career been so limitless.
Why Lockheed Martin:
At Lockheed Martin Aeronautics we value your unique skills and expertise and we aim to give back continuously by offering a wide variety of benefits and amenities to help our employees live flexible, healthy, and fulfilling lives at and outside of work. Some of our team's favorite perks include:
* The promotion of Work Life Balance
* A competitive 401k match and bonus
* Comprehensive Benefits including Medical/Dental/Life Insurance
* Long term stability
* A receptive and inclusive culture focused on career development with tuition assistance and mentoring opportunities
It takes more than steel, advanced electronics and engine thrust to make the F-35 Lightning II, the world's fifth generation fighter, take flight. It is the Autonomic Logistics Information System (ALIS) that gives F-35 Lightning II operators the ability to plan, to maintain, to plan and sustain its systems over the life of the air vehicle. ALIS provides the IT backbone and capabilities to support current and future Warfighters across the U.S. and allied military services.
Crave a challenge that is also rewarding? This is an operational support role to an active fighter unit; you will be responsible for the security and integrity of our systems that keep our jets flying.
A Day in the Life:
The ALIS MPE Administrator performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, supportability, and effectiveness analysis for total systems. Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, through coordination with other ALIS administrators. Duties may include account administration, maintaining system documentation, monitoring system performance, installing system wide software and allocation of mass storage space. Interacts with customers, ALIS administrators, and ALIS leadership in support of the Mission Planning Support Environment (MPSE).
This Position will support the F35 Autonomic Logistics Information System (ALIS) Quick Response Capability (QRC). The successful candidate will serve as a ALIS Administrator, primarily focusing on MPE duties, responding to requirements across multiple ALIS administration disciplines. This position requires frequent travel (over 50% per year) supporting short notice taskings to worldwide locations. The incumbent must be a self-starter, ability to make timely decisions and willing to learn all facets of the ALIS System. This position, when not traveling, will be part of the larger Interim Contractor Support (ICS) admin infrastructure at an existing F-35 location.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Provides, manages and supports the Mission Planning Support Boundary (MPSB)
* Coordinate updates/installs with customer and system technical leadership team
* Support pilots in Mission Planning/Debriefing and identify/resolve system shortfalls
* Assist in Joint Mission Planning System (JMPS) installation and data updates
* Support, administer, and monitor associated hardware/software including account administration
* Assist in creation of mission and theater data loads
* Perform COMSEC duties/adhere to requirements
* Provide pilots and ALIS administrators guidance on capabilities and usage of mission planning tools (e.g. JMPS, PCDS, PGMPS, PFA Tool, TaskView)
* Assist with mobile rack system & peripherals standup/teardown
* Applying operating system updates, anti-virus/anti-spyware updates, and patch updates
* This is an operational support role to active fighter units, the selected candidate may be required to work at deployed CONUS/OCONUS locations, support rotating shifts and work over 40 hours per week;which may include weekends
* Mission Planning and Mission Planning Systems experience
* Windows system administration and general use experience
* COMSEC experience
* Have, or be able to obtain, and retain DoD IAT Level II certification (e.g., Security+, CySA+, CCNA Security, etc.)
* Candidates must hold an active DoD Secret clearance with a background investigation closure date within the last 6 years