Aegis Computer Network Technician - San Diego
Employment Type: Full-Time
There are people who say some ideas are impossible, unattainable or unrealistic. Then there are those of us who work at Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems. As a part of the Lockheed Martin community, we take on the biggest, baddest challenges in the world and find solutions using creativity and collaboration.
And where the solutions don't exist? We invent them.
So, if you're looking for the challenge of a lifetime and a team of the brightest minds in the world, Rotary and Mission Systems is the place for you. If you're looking for a place where learning is a way of life, Rotary and Mission Systems is the place for you. And if you're looking for a career that's just as fun as it is hard work, well…you know.
Join us today and let's make a difference together.
Lockheed Martin. Your Mission is Ours.
About our Mission
What does this role look like?
Will perform duties as an AEGIS Computer Network Technician (ACNT) providing Computer and Display Systems maintenance support aboard AEGIS Destroyers and AEGIS Cruisers as a Team Member on the AEGIS Modernization Team (AMT) - West based in San Diego, CA. Selected applicant will directly work with Government, Ship Repair, Various Contractor Organizations, and ships company to provide effective and timely reconciliation of hardware, software, and network challenges and provide training to ships force on the operation and maintenance of new baseline Aegis equipment.
Position requires shift work, brief at-sea periods and periodic travel supporting assessments, fleet emergent requirements and equipment installation events and issues. Will require working flex hours, overtime and on occasion weekends and holidays. Travel may be temporary or extended duty travel to Moorestown NJ, Bath ME, Pascagoula MS, Norfolk VA, Mayport FL, Pearl Harbor HI, Everett WA, and Yokosuka Japan.
Benefits of Employment:
We may not know what's going to change the world next, but chances are we're already working on it, and you can, too. As part of our culture of innovation, you'll have outstanding benefits and amenities, an inclusive work environment, ongoing career development and support, rewards and recognition to honor your hard work, and more.
Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
* Medical (some LM locations have on-site medical)
* 401k (with generous matching)
* Work/life balance, family-friendly environment
* Career development, career-growth, and lots of learning opportunities for aspiring minds
* Knowledgeable, supportive, and engaged leadership
* Mentorship opportunities
* Rewards & recognition
* Generous Tuition Reimbursement
Whether you're new to the area or just like being socially involved, we encourage everyone to explore among our many employee networks and employee resource groups we have on site. Whatever your interests, there's likely a community at Lockheed Martin for networking, becoming familiar with the area and enjoying common activities with coworkers.
Lockheed Martin's competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
We support our employees, so they can support our mission.
* UNIX-based open architecture experience and its application to the U.S. NAVY Aegis Computing Infrastructure (ACI)
* Experience with testing of fiber optics cables
* Working knowledge of Ethernet LAN technology
* Thorough understanding of US Navy preventive and corrective maintenance and proficiency in reading technical documents
* Familiarity with hardware, software, network test equipment used to evaluate and correct operational failures (i.e. fiber optic testers, multimeter's, o-scopes)
* Experience in AEGIS Combat Systems as an AEGIS Computer / Display / ACNT technician with a thorough understanding of Baseline 6.3, 7.1, 7.1R, ACB08, and/or BL9; and/or applicable training in other military services
* Ability to travel up to 50 percent of the time
* Must be in physical condition to support embarkation on U.S. Navy ship underway for short periods
* Must be able to successfully pass a background investigation and drug test. Additionally, must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance (Secret level), which requires US Citizenship