Marketing Web Developer
Employment Type: Full-Time
We are looking for an experienced front-end developer to join Lob's Marketing team and create stellar online experiences that engage and inform our prospects and customers. As a well-rounded marketing web developer, you will create, evolve, and maintain web properties and experiences. You will be part of a team that prioritizes and values collaboration, personal development, and getting things done quickly and at a high quality bar.
As the first developer exclusively on the Lob marketing team, you will lead marketing dev projects - working with visual design and marketing - that create high visibility and measurable impact (e.g., integrations with and improvements to Lob.com via Webflow, email templates, interactive case studies). Because of the wide variety of marketing programs that we do, you can expect to have your hands in many areas to drive progress, enhance your skills, and guide scaling and growth in a meaningful way.
As a Marketing Web Developer at Lob, you'll:
* Own web development and integrations for Webflow, Marketo, and all marketing technology needs
* Translate beautiful designs (Sketch, Figma) into smooth & reliable responsive web experiences that are SEO friendly
* Collaborate with marketers and visual designers to build new experiences for Lob.com
* Enable marketing team programs across microsites, landing pages, emails, blog/CMS customizations, and marketing automation
* Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our web properties
* Write well-designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
* Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
* Have a solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
* Provide a technical and engineering perspective on user flow, architecture, and implementation, to help scope projects and identify smart ways to meet goals
* QA all web properties across multiple browsers and screen sizes
* Coordinate and prioritize time between new projects, general website maintenance tasks, and technical debt
* Create and maintain documentation for software, workflows, and processes
* Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
For this role, we're looking for:
* Experience creating responsive designs that work both on desktop browsers and on various mobile devices
* Experience with Webflow
* Prior experience with coding email templates
* Experience with Git/GitHub for version control
* Great problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills
* Good understanding of UX/UI best practices for marketing websites and eagerness to stay abreast of the latest trends
* Knowledge of Search Engine Optimization process
* Communication and collaboration skills that allow you to successfully partner with other teams (technical and non-technical)
* High degree of independent judgment with strong analytical and critical thinking skills
* Excellent organization and time management skills
* Can-do attitude and dedicated team player
Nice to have/Interest in:
* Experience in Enterprise B2B marketing including working with marketing automation platforms ( Marketo, Hubspot, Eloqua, Pardot, etc).
* Proficiency with Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, or similar design programs
* Experience with optimizing pages for conversion and demand generation
* Prior experience with maintaining and optimizing digital properties for SEO
* Prior experience with website analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics/Google Tag Manager)
* Prior experience with instrumenting A/B tests and content targeting/personalization (using Optimizely or similar)
* We are a team that values diversity & inclusion - we encourage under-represented-in-tech professionals to apply
Lob was built by technical co-founders with a vision to make the world programmable. We offer two flagship APIs (print & mail and address verification) that enable companies to send postal mail as effortlessly as sending emails. Lob is venture-backed by the most reputable investors in tech, and we are rapidly growing our team to shape the future of our company and meet the demands of a quickly growing customer base and dynamic product offerings.
We give our employees a lot of responsibility and ownership of their work. You will have fun at work while engaging in challenging projects with the best and brightest.
* Comprehensive health benefits for you and your dependent(s)
* Healthcare Flexible Spending Accounts
* Paid parental leave
* Unlimited vacation policy
* Employee Assistance Program and free professional coaching sessions
* Wellness program (includes monthly stipend or free Barry's Bootcamp classes!)
* Virtual social events
We are committed to the health and safety of our employees and will not require employees (unless they are serving an essential function) to be in the office until a vaccine is widely available.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lob is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of backgrounds and perspectives to cultivate an environment of understanding to have greater impact on our business and customers. We encourage under-represented groups to apply and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.
Forbes 30 Under 30 - Enterprise Technology 2017
#61 on Y Combinator's Top Companies List 2018
#26 2018 Fastest-Growing Private Companies, The Business Journals