Lien Release Collateral Specialist
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Customer Service/Call Center
loanDepot, America's lender, matches borrowers through technology and high-touch customer care with the credit they need to fuel their lives. While there are many loan-touch career opportunities within loanDepot, we could not take care of our employees, nor our customers, without the amazing support of our corporate teams. From HR & Marketing to Finance & Compliance, #TeamloanDepot is always searching for the best talent out there. With over $100 billion in funded loans since inception, the evolution & enthusiasm is not slowing down anytime soon. Come join us!
loanDepot — We are America’s Lender.
Responsible for overseeing the processing of all lien releases, reconveyances and discharges for all paid in full and liquidated loans, as necessary, to comply with state mandated timelines. Also responsible for requesting, tracking and delivery of collateral documents through contact with the Document Custodians. Ensures the performance of all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
- Processes all lien releases for paid in full loans in compliance with state requirements.
- Ensures Document Custodians are responding to collateral requests in a timely manner.
- Ensures vendor is processing lien releases in a timely manner.
- Prepares Assignment of Mortgages, Satisfaction of Mortgages and CEMA documents and arranges for execution, as required.
- Performs periodic performance audits of lien release vendor.
- Partners with other departments to develop strong cross-functional processes.
- Promotes employee engagement through motivational techniques, runs performance contests, and serves as an exemplary example for team members.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations and laws as they pertain to this position.
- Ability to meet deadlines on time sensitive projects and present to management and serve as an exemplary example for team members.
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Intermediate math skills; calculate interest and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to make decisions that have moderate impact on the immediate work unit and cross functional departments.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work schedules on a short-term and long-term basis.
- Ability to provide consultation and expert advice to management.
- Ability to make informal and formal presentations, inside and outside the organization; speaking before assigned team or other groups as needed.
- Ability to deal with complex difficult problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision while performing duties.
- Experience in the Mortgage industry preferred.
- High School Degree or equivalent required and one (1) + years’ working experience preferred.
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience.
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options.
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities.
- 401K with robust company match.
- 15+ PTO days in addition to 8 paid company holidays.
- The opportunity to work for America’s Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.