As a part of our continued growth, we are looking for dedicated and passionate Towing Truck Drivers to join our team at LKQ! As a Towing Truck Driver, you will be responsible for operating a company vehicle to transport vehicles to and from events. Duties include loading and verifying vehicles, collecting paperwork, obtaining signatures, and delivering vehicles to the plant.
Essential Job Duties:
* Drives a Company vehicle in a safe, courteous and responsible manner avoiding traffic violations and accidents
* Must follow DOT procedures
* Picks up vehicles at auction or private party and loads them onto truck
* Secures vehicles down and verifies the condition of the truck and the load, and obtains the proper paperwork associated with the vehicle
* Makes proper notations on the regarding vehicles
* Works carefully in such a manner as to prevent injury to oneself or damage to vehicles
* Complies with established Company policies and procedures.
* Ensures accuracy in tasks
* Assumes other duties as assigned.
* High School Graduate or G.E.D. equivalent required
* Must be at least 21 years of age
* Minimum of 1 year of experience driving a commercial vehicle and/or certified from accredited commercial driving school
* Must possess a valid driver's license (Class A or B) and safe driving record
* Must meet Department of Transportation testing and physical requirements
* Must be knowledgeable of DOT regulations when required
* Must be detail oriented and accurate in work assignments
* Must be able to drive a company vehicle
* Ability to perform basic math calculations and interpret road maps
* Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and written.
LKQ offers competitive pay and a very generous Benefits package that includes:
401k Plan with generous employer match, Insurance Plans for (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability), Paid Time-Off, Paid Holiday and Tuition Reimbursement program
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The job requires sitting for relatively long periods of time while driving. The employee should be able to tolerate high and low temperature levels, and occasional inclement driving conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in some work environments is moderately loud. This position requires frequent bending, climbing, moving, and lifting up to 50 pounds during the loading/unloading of trucks.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled