Mobile Software Engineer, Android
Employment Type: Full-Time
Livongo is looking for an exceptional mobile application engineer. The ideal candidate should have relentless passion for working on technology that is trans-formative and critically important to helping the lives of people impacted by chronic conditions.
Working on healthcare technology requires tremendous commitment towards our members and sensitivity around designing intuitive and engaging UI. We are the leading chronic condition management platform because we hold ourselves responsible for the technology that drives the health and well being of every single Livongo member. We value engineers that strive for excellence despite adversity, with a sense of compassion and urgency for solving some of the most pressing healthcare issues today. If the above resonates with you, we want you to join our team!
· Work alongside the design and product team to create a world class healthcare experience
· Contribute to scalable, performance and extensible platform architecture
· Native and hybrid application development, unit testing, maintenance and release
· Practice agile development cycles and collaborative coding methodologies
· Peer mentorship, knowledge sharing and fostering growth of fellow team members
· 3+ Years of native Android development experience (Java, Kotlin).
· Working knowledge of mobile networking stack and client side persistent data store. (Room DB, Realm DB or equivalent)
· Strong understanding of concurrent programming architecture and best practices
· Native UI development experience, especially with respect to device and OS compatibility
· Solid object-oriented design patterns and mentality
· Solid understanding of data structures and algorithms
· Experience with beta distribution platforms and app store release cycle and processes