Employment Type: Full-Time
Current Living Spaces Employees: Please apply via your internal Workday Account.
Living Spaces is a growing home furnishing brand and we continue to open new locations. We know in order to stay current with the times and trends, we have to perpetually update our look and selection. What has truly sustained our growth - from 1 to over 20 locations, from 100 employees to over 2,000, from a humble home furnishings store to a widely recognized and respected lifestyle brand - are the talented individuals who have taken us there. We are looking for innovative, driven, and passionate professionals to join our team so we can reach even greater heights together.
We believe that a great team member experience leads to an even better guest experience. That is why we place a huge emphasis on building a great culture within our teams. Our ideal candidate will have natural talent: meaning, they possess the capacity and commitment, along with an openness to being coached around skills that will ensure they delight and exceed the expectations of our guests in all areas of Living Spaces business. We also believe in our team members taking ownership of their performance and how that contributes to the overall success of their role.
The Merchandise Planner will collaborate with product managers as well as cross-functional business partners to drive financial results in maximizing sales, inventory levels and profitability. This role will be responsible for determining the sales forecast, inventory flow, gross margin, and weeks of supply (WOS) of goods to buy through an extensive analysis of inventory on hand, on order, and forecasted rate of sale. Our ideal candidate will ensure that inventory is here at the right time at the right DC by taking into account multiple factors such as lead times, water time, and factory minimum order quantities (MOQ) and OTB. Position will start to work remotely.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Participate with Pre-Season Planning for Outlet and Pricepoint Upholstery Business.
* Develop merchandise plans utilizing history, sales trends and market information to ensure accurate forecasting and inventory levels
* Responsible for forecasting and communicate to suppliers/factories.
* Create and manage purchase orders and review incoming containers to appropriate DCs while keeping in mind WOS targets and in stock % goal.
* Open-to-buy Management: sales planning bottoms up/tops down, gm%, inventory, turn, and GMROI
* Develop and maintains weekly/monthly/weekly merchandise reports
* Ensure planning and forecasting accuracy through knowledge of specific geographic store attribute performance through data analysis
* Develop strong cross-functional partnerships with Merchandising, Suppliers, Marketing, Visual and others to drive business results.
* Act as a mentor to help develop Associate Merchandise Planners to build knowledge, skill, and ability
Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree (B. A. or B. S.) or equivalent from four-year college in merchandising or a business related field. 2+ years of experience in retail merchandise planning. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be proficient in MS Office Excel.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is our policy to abide by all federal, state, and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination based solely on a person's race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), sexual orientation, or any other protected status except where a reasonable, bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Living Spaces participates in E-Verify. All newly-hired team members are queried through this electronic system established by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Social Security Administration (SSA) to verify their identity and employment eligibility.