Senior Android Application Developer
Employment Type: Full-Time
Livescribe is in the midst of creating a series of mobile apps and an SDK to allow 3rd party app developers to connect with our award winning line of smartpens. We are looking for a talented Senior Android Application Developer to drive the development of our mobile applications, as well as the advancement of our SDK platform.
If you are goal-oriented, passionate about mobile devices, and have a desire to deliver great applications and APIs, this could be a great career move for you. You will have the opportunity to own the design, implementation and delivery of core smartpen technologies, 3rd party developer APIs, tools, and/or mobile applications. Key to these efforts will be cross functional collaboration across the hardware, firmware, software, and QA teams, as well as active participation in the conceptualization, development, launch, and sustaining phases of our smartpen mobile software platforms.
Experience in the following area is required
* Design and implementation of intuitive and responsive user interfaces for touch screen devices.
* Delivery of fully featured and reliable APIs for 3rd party developers.
* Concurrent and multi-threaded application design and implementation.
* Databases enabled for cross-device synchronization through peer to peer and cloud connectivity solutions.
* High quality and high performance 2D graphics rendering pipelines.
* Experience developing applications for iOS and other platforms in addition to Android.
* Take ownership of the development and delivery of consumer facing mobile applications that integrate with the Livescribe smartpen platform.
* Collaborate in the definition and design of applications with other teams within Livescribe.
* Work with internal teams to evolve common frameworks, documentation, and cloud systems for our device support platform.
* Assist with technical support for internal and external developers as needed.
* Effectively communicate cross functionally and across department boundaries.
* Significant experience developing and shipping Android applications.
* Highly skilled in Java, C and C++.
* Well versed in object oriented programming, threading/concurrency, unit testing, common design patterns, and user interface development.
* B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
* 2 - 8+ years in software development.
* Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle and software development tools (source control, defect tracking systems).
* Ability to work effectively with cross-functional and multi-disciplinary teams.
* Strong technical capacity and ability/passion to learn.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Nice to Have
* Experience with 2D and 3D graphics rendering and animation.
* Experience developing applications for iOS and/or other mobile platforms.
* Experience developing desktop applications for Windows and/or Mac OS X.
* Experience with embedded devices, networking protocols, and/or wireless communications.
* Experience with at least one other written foreign language.
Compensation packages include competitive salaries and stock incentives. We are headquartered in Redwood City, CA with easy access from 880 and a free shuttle from BART.
Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Please submit your resumé via email to