Senior Associate - Education
Employment Type: Full-Time
Are you a versatile leader that thrives on a combination of leadership and hands-on tasks? Want to work for a firm that is taking concrete actions towards Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion? We're looking for a Senior Associate with experience in K-12 design and planning to join our Education team in our Newport Beach office. We offer a robust bonus plan, flexible hours including work-from-home and every other Friday off options.
An ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of all phases of a project, from design to construction, as well as leadership and mentoring of the team. This role will perform a mix of leadership and team oversight as well as hands-on project work.
As the Senior Associate, you will…
* Direct the project and resource planning and establish project timelines and budgets.
* Provide project management and technical direction to the project teams through all phases of projects, and have the ability to manage a variety of projects simultaneously.
* Develop solutions for complex design problems, including code compliance and agency interface.
* Be responsible for project management, technical oversight, and coordination of project activities with clients, consultants, contractors, and staff.
* Lead the project team during construction administration.
* Identify and address issues affecting project budget, construction costs, schedule, and risk management related to the Firm.
* Prepare project management plans and adhere to these plans.
* Effectively manage the project team to address and find solutions for project-related issues.
* Direct the project teams for completion of project tasks consistent with project management plans and to ensure the completion of the project within established timelines and budgets.
* Manage potential client and consultant requested changes to scope of work; determine cause and effect to project budget and schedule on projects.
* Be responsible for establishing and managing new and current client relations.
* Ensure that The Lionakis Way standards for design, quality control, and production are followed.
* Perform complete quality control reviews as appropriate.
* Review and evaluate documents for accuracy and coordination with the project team.
* Be responsible for the financial management of projects including the development and adherence to work plans, assisting the PIC with fee development, monitoring project financial status, developing mitigation plans when required, and managing monthly project financial tasks.
* Develop proposals and actively participate in business development pursuits.
* Be responsible for delegating tasks to staff as well as coaching and supporting staff's professional development.
* Be detail-oriented, collaborative, and proactive in completing work accurately and meeting deadlines.
* Actively participate in market/studio project manager meetings and staffing processes.
* Manage project team and market/studio leadership with other duties that may be assigned.
Senior Associate Qualifications - The Must-Haves (Required)
* Bachelor's Degree in Architecture or equivalent and a minimum of 12 years architectural project experience
* Licensed Architect
* Proficient with MS Office Suite
* Excellent communication, time management, and organizational skills
* Prior experience with design and planning of K-12 Education projects
Senior Associate Qualifications - The Like-to-Haves (Not Required)
* LEED accreditation
* Proficient with BIM/Revit
Compensation DOE. We offer health benefits, competitive paid time off, and a 401(k) matching program.