Principal Product Designer
Employment Type: Full-Time
LinkedIn's vision is to create economic opportunity for every member of the global workforce. Our global Product Design team advances this vision through quality, inclusive design. We're passionate about designing an equal, fair, and accessible platform that's modern, engaging, and responsible.
This role would be joining our Careers Team whose mission is to give job seekers the best opportunity to get their next job. We are focused on guiding job seekers along their journey with everything LinkedIn can offer and making sure every job seeker hears back. We are excited to create a future where job seekers will have more equitable access to opportunities, and companies will hire diverse teams of most qualified candidates.
Why join the Product Design team at LinkedIn?
* Designers are strategic partners, from product innovation and planning to launch
* Work and learn with passionate, talented, and supportive people
* We work on both consumer and enterprise products and encourage team rotation, so you can stay engaged and keep growing
* We're equipped with the best design tools in the business, including Figma, Principle, and Miro
* A trusting, open environment helps us do our best work…and we have fun together!
We're looking for designers who lead by connecting the dots between user insights, design patterns, and business goals. You will partner and collaborate closely with user research, UX writing, product management, engineering, marketing, and data science. Designing for the world's workforce takes a diverse, empowered team - come be a part of ours.
Learn more about our design community at design.linkedin.com
* Effectively communicate conceptual ideas, design rationale and the specifics of user-centered design process
* Create holistic design solutions that address business, brand, and user requirements
* Work with web developers and engineers to deliver final products
* To be considered for this position, you must include your portfolio, website or other samples of work.
* BA/BS degree in graphic design, design communication, human-computer interaction, or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Experience participating in the complete product development lifecycle of web and/or software applications
* 10+ years of experience in user experience design or industry experience (corporate, software, web or agency)
* Strong experience in providing vision and guidance that helps shape the future of the business; Subject matter expert who leads design across a department or multiple business areas
* Exceptional ability to Influence other product areas across the organization and drive strategy and vision across the business area
* Exceptional ability to deliver design solutions that grow the business area and create new value for members/customers
* Mastery in solving unstructured problems that have many dependencies and may have lengthy timelines; Seeks out ambiguity and transforms it into effective, actionable plans
* Exceptional ability in visual communication
* Strong experience in effectively communicating ideas to exec leadership and/or broader LinkedIn organization