Employment Type: Full-Time
JOB DESCRIPTION: Family Partner
PROGRAM: Intensive Home Based Services (IHBS)
IMPORTANT NOTE: Lincoln is subject to the Public Health Order issued by the state requiring all staff to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
JOB SUMMARY: Team with Community Liaison and Contra Costa County Clinic Clinician to provide direct Intensive Home Based Services (IHBS) and case management to youth in foster care and their caregivers throughout Contra Costa County.
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Support youth primarily in their homes and in the community.
* Implement plan for development of functional skills and/or replacement behaviors.
* Participate in all family team meetings and treatment meetings as indicated by the treatment plan.
* Participate in the on-call rotation system for crisis response.
* Evaluate caregiver needs.
* Develop a plan with Community Liaison and caregivers that over time achieves caregiver independence in meeting the needs of their child.
* Support caregivers in identifying, creating and working with resources to sustain tasks and goal set by the Family Team.
* Provide role modeling for caregivers.
* Identify and link with resources in the community.
* Ability to work independently as well as consult with treatment team on the most appropriate and culturally sensitive delivery of services.
* Assume responsibility for Medi-Cal documentation, as required.
* Provide crisis intervention, as indicated.
* Participate in weekly supervision.
* Participate in agency in-service training program. Understand and follow all Lincolns safety policies, procedures and rules. Perform all job duties safely. Attend all required safety training sessions. Identify and immediately report all workplace hazards, safety rule violations, near misses, and work-related injuries.
* Caregiver of a child currently or formerly in the mental health or social service system.
* Bachelors degree preferred from an accredited college in psychology, sociology, social work, or counseling. However, comparable lived experience and knowledge of the communities served will be considered.
* Demonstrated awareness of, sensitivity and competence in dealing with ethnic, cultural and socioeconomic diversity of client population spanning over a large geographic area.
* Ability to work on a multi-disciplinary and family team.
* Ability to advocate for services and empower family to self identify and advocate for necessary services.
* Ability to work independently and professionally with families to meet the needs of families.
* Good verbal and written communication skills.
* Spanish/English speaking highly desirable.
* The ability to relate effectively and professionally with children, supervisor, co-workers and staff.
* Valid California drivers license, a satisfactory driving record, availability of personal vehicle and personal vehicle insurance coverage.
* Must meet eligibility requirements to bill for Medi-Cal services.