Sr. Construction Field Assistant
Employment Type: Full-Time
Senior level construction position includes assisting the Construction Manager in the daily procedures of the project. To walk homes to ensure the work is done per instructions. Coordinating with office and maintaining accurate written records. Cross training in other disciplines (customer care and forward planning) as needed, enabling candidate to progress into other positions in construction management.
* Assist Construction Manager in all aspects of the construction job from trench to move-in.
* Assist with the supervision of trade partners from rough, finish, detail and preparation for final orientation.
* Perform on-site inspections of the various trade partner's work to ensure that the level of quality is being complied with.
* Assist Construction Manager in maintaining records of job changes, including option orders and Purchase Orders.
* Maintain daily log of job site occurrences.
* Assist in the evaluation of trade partner's and product performance. Provide ongoing information to Customer Care Manager and Construction Manager as it relates to quality of workmanship.
* Coordinate with Customer Care Representatives regarding quality and walk-through preparation of homes for move-in, ensuring timely home completions and deliveries.
* Assist in the maintenance of a clean job site for trade partners, take direction well; and able to use hand tools.
* Perform all other duties as assigned.
* Minimum three (3) years of experience in similar position or related areas in the homebuilding required
* High school diploma or GED preferred, but will accept equivalent work experience
* Some construction knowledge
* Maintain regular attendance and punctuality relative to daily work schedule required
* Basic skills in Microsoft Office
* Excellent organizational skills required
* Valid driver's license
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Detail oriented
* Follow directions from a supervisor
* Understand and follow work rules and procedures
* Strong work ethic
* Accept constructive feedback
* Team player
Ability to work full-time outdoors in the heat and cold; the ability to operate a motor vehicle, read plans, climb stairs, climb ladders, walk on uneven surfaces bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and/or carry equipment which may be in excess of 50 pounds, Finger dexterity may be required to operate a computer keyboard and calculator. #CB