Employment Type: Full-Time
Current Employees of LendingClub: Please apply via your internal Workday Account
LendingClub Corporation (NYSE: LC) is the parent company of LendingClub Bank, National Association, Member FDIC, and the only full-spectrum fintech marketplace bank. Members can gain access to a broad range of financial products and services through a technology-driven platform, designed to help them pay less when borrowing and earn more when saving. Since 2007, more than 3 million members have joined the Club to help reach their financial goals. We're leading the governance of a new industry by developing ethical, responsible ways to bring greater value and better opportunities to our members. Everyone deserves a better financial future and our team is committed to making that a reality. Come join us!
About the Role
LendingClub is hiring a product researcher to help bring research to the next level, providing insights to create and launch products that allow our customers to thrive and LendingClub to be the number one online credit marketplace. Interested in disrupting an industry and providing an alternative to the traditional banking system?
Our research team drives the development of customer insights behind our product strategy and roadmap. We're looking for someone who is passionate about representing the customer and has a consistent record of conducting research projects across different research methodologies with cross-functional teams. Specifically, we're looking for someone with experience launching new products to dive into a number of high profile initiatives.
What You'll Do
* Help shape future LendingClub product strategy through custom research studies that drive tactical and strategic product decisions
* Act as a champion for identification of our customers' needs and goals and act as a liaison to help LendingClub understand why people behave the way they do
* Define, plan, conduct, and analyze user and product research in a fast paced environment with a focus on launching new products
* Effectively select and apply research methodologies and execute with rigor
* Collaborate with and lead research-focused conversations with partners, including designers, data scientists, product managers, engineers, and finance and credit leads to identify and prioritize opportunities
* Evangelize the voice of the customer through your participation in strategic survey and product research, interviews, usability studies, workshops, and online experiments (A/B testing)
* Engage as a strategic partner and actively identify new opportunities for delivering actionable customer insights and great customer-centered and business results
* Translate research findings into clear business implications and drive increased interest for research through presentations and events
* You hold a BS, or preferably Masters, in Human-Computer Interaction, Political Science, Sociology, Anthropology, Public Health, Cognitive Science or related social science field
* Have an insatiable and demonstrated curiosity to answer the question 'why?'
* Navigate complexity and ambiguity well and successfully get to the core questions that need to be answered
* Are a customer-focused thinker with 3+ years experience leading research for consumer products
* Have experience with several of the following: survey writing, survey programming platforms, survey analysis, in depth customer interviews, ethnographic research, iterative prototype testing, longitudinal research, benchmarking, concept testing, statistical analysis packages (R, SPSS, etc.)
* Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills with the ability to adjust your approach to accommodate your audience
* Comfortable leading efforts with minimal supervision
* Apply the latest research methodologies and keep up to date on your craft and practice
* You love working with diverse teams and personalities
* People love working with you!
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.