Software Systems Engineer
Leidos has an opening for a Software Systems Engineer in support of the DCGS-N systems engineering efforts in San Diego CA.
Seeking a Software Systems Engineer to support the Distributed Common Ground System, Navy (DCGS-N) Family of Systems (FoS) which includes DCGS-N INC 1 Block 1, DCGS-N INC 1 Block 2, the DCGS-N Enterprise Node (DEN), the Joint Concentrator Architecture (JCA) and the Intelligence Carry On Program (ICOP) and systems in development. DCGS-N is the Navy's premier Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) processing system.
The successful applicant will be a major contributor to intelligence software integration and testing in PMW-120's System Engineering Division.
The position will involve extensive application configuration and candidates should possess an administrator-level understanding of n-tier Enterprise applications (db, app server, and client) architecture/management as well as the capacity to follow detailed installation procedures.
- Perform analysis on systems to document all functions and define interfaces for integration, testing and quality assurance.
- Will provide solutions based on system requirements. Will work with team to develop solutions to the technical issues and updates that are required.
- Works with senior team and develop junior team members to perform the design process and the procedures for updates.
- Work as a 'generalist' on a team responsible for development and integration of current and future DCGS-N system builds.
- Defining DCGS-N baselines and versioning; initiating and conducting studies that examine upgrades and changes to the DCGS-N system; initiating and conducting Enterprise Change Requests (ECRs) documenting a needed change to the system; and providing support to the testing and life cycle activities required to sustain the system.
- 6+ years of overall related IT experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field. Additional years of experience can be considered in lieu of degree.
- Ability to travel 25% including possible underway periods onboard U.S. Navy ships.
- Minimum of IAT II Certifications to meet DoD 8570.1M compliance: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Security+ and CompTIA Server+/and accreditation in Windows, Unix, Linux or Solaris operating systems
- Experience/training with Blade Servers
- Experience/training with VMware
- Experience/training in a Solaris, Windows PC and Windows Server 2008 environment.
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Experience with Oracle Blade Servers/CT900, IBM Blade Center and Blades, Oracle T-4 servers, Dell Windows Servers, NetApp Storage solutions.
- Experience in a Solaris 10/11, MS Windows 7/10, Windows Server 2008 R2/2012/2016, VMWare (vCenter, vSphere, ESXi), MS Hyper-V.
- Previous experience with Java/J2EE, Oracle and COMPOSE/ISNS/CANES Environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with other highly skilled individuals.
- Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance or Distributed Common Ground Station background.
- Basic networking experience and Intel operations (IPL/iSToRE, CGS, JMPS, CVIC systems).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
External Referral Bonus:
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: