Unified Communications Domain Architect
Employment Type: Full-Time
More About the Role:
Leidos currently has an opening on the Navy 'Service Management, Integration and Transport' (SMIT) Contract for a Unified Communications Domain Architect. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience and leadership skills to successfully execute the mission of the Navy's largest IT services program: SMIT. Under the SMIT Contract, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, network engineering, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network. This position requires Engineering, Operations Support, Management and extensive knowledge of network communications, architecture, security controls, and compliance and configuration discipline.
What You'll Get to Do:
* Applies Unified Communications (UC) Subject Matter Expertise (SME) and thought leadership to the largest private Intranet in the world.
* Leads the development of UC solutions and strategies to execute the US Navy's mission.
* Demonstrates knowledge and application of DoD and Navy network policies and directives.
* Collaborates with the team to conduct trade studies/analysis of alternatives that support UC architecture concepts for software and hardware, including designing, developing, and analyzing products and capabilities.
* In close coordination with the Chief Architect and Chief Engineer, identifies technology and solution roadmaps to improve mission enterprise capabilities resulting in increased contract growth and improved customer satisfaction.
* Defining/Creating Technology Roadmaps and communicating architecture vision/solution/innovation to the customer and stakeholders.
* Partner with the SMIT PMO team in supporting:
oShaping and development of technical solutions.
oUnderstanding and participating in the development of new business strategies and on-contract growth.
oAssessing current and future UC skills and technology needs.
* Evaluates and recommends technologies, tools, and processes to ensure successful customer outcomes.
* Provides technical guidance and leadership to program team members; encourages innovative solutions to solve complex customer problems.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree preferred in STEM or relevant field, or comparable experience with an additional 12 years or a Masters with 10 years of overall related experience.
* Exceptional written and oral communications and ability to convey complex technical concepts to non-technical managers and customers.
* Exceptional problem solving, creative thinking, and time management skills.
* Currently possess and ability to maintain an active DoD Secret security clearance.
* Minimum of DoD 8570.01 IAT Level II Certification required prior to onboarding and must maintain certification while supporting the SMIT Contract: COMPTia Security+, Cisco CCNA Security, or ISC2 Systems Security Certified Professional (See DoD 8570.01-M Appendix 3 for valid certifications).
* Expert knowledge of Microsoft M365, VOIP/VOSIP, VTC, Collaboration, and Enterprise Messaging services.
* In-depth understanding of TCP/IP networking, ports, protocols, and the OSI model.
* Extensive knowledge of UC concepts, integrations, platforms, management tools, and application of each.
* Experienced and adept at developing and maintaining technical documents, analyses, and reports.
* Experience presenting to client stakeholders and company management
* Must be able to access SIPRNet from an NMCI location on short notice (local commute).
* Ability to travel (local and long distance) up to 25% including the possibility of OCONUS travel.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* Previous work experience providing support to the NGEN-NMCI program is highly desired.
* Advanced/Professional level vendor certifications desired (Cisco, Microsoft).
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.