Employment Type: Full-Time
NGEN is the largest IT services program for the Navy. Under the Service Management, Integration, and Transport (SMIT) portion of NGEN, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and Engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Leidos is seeking a Site Manager to support the government site group at Miramar / China Lake in San Diego, CA as one of the key members of the Field Services team. The candidate will be responsible for all service delivery to the assigned site group, to include managing performance against Service Level Requirements (SLRs) and targeted metrics.
* Manage team responsible for providing desktop support at assigned site location
* Plan, direct, and monitor operational/tactical activities of the team
* Provide Subject Matter Expertise and technical leadership for onsite staff. Act as chief point of contact for team members as frontline escalation point regarding on-site issues
* Responsible for informing Leidos leadership of incidents and issues and facilitating resolution
* Leads direct and review the work of team who exercise latitude and independence in their assignments
* Responsible for staffing, performance feedback and coaching, and managing administrative duties for direct reports
* Establish relationship with internal customers and other functional managers
* US Citizen
* DoD Secret Clearance
* BS degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience. Will accept HS diploma with 12-15 years of prior relevant experience in place of degree
* Valid DoD 8570 IAT Level II: Security+ or higher Certification
* Must demonstrated expertise in IT Enterprise Operations
* Excellent customer service skills
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Organized and detail-oriented
* Strong leadership skills
* Self-motivated/ self-directing
* Strong collaboration, prioritization, and adaptability skills required. Relationship building
* Ability to manage and prioritize own work, and that of their team
* Independent decision making
* Analytical thinking; thinking out of the box
* Ability to effectively communicate with all organizational levels (SME to Senior Management)
* Ability to analyze problems at various levels (e.g. detail level, overall organizational impact, etc.)
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.