Launch Tier 2 Hardware/Video System Maintainer
Employment Type: Full-Time
The National Solutions Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Tier 2 Hardware/Video System Maintainer (Day staff) to support a client's requirements in a challenging, dynamic setting located at Vandenberg AFB, CA. The position requires an active TS/SCI with Polygraph. The Tier 2 Hardware/Video System Maintainer receives and responds to problems reported by customers and escalated from Tier 1. The Tier 2 Hardware System Maintainer will work in a highly collaborative environment with teammates, key stakeholders and the Government customer to ensure mission continuity and support to the IC community.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
* Ensures the availability of mission critical launch communications systems through proactive Tier 2 hardware maintenance
* Performs incident and problem management to resolve or escalate issues in order to restore service
* Supports configuration management and change management activities
* Performs request fulfillment activities including account management and configuration changes
* Coordinates with other maintenance, operations and engineering contracts as required
* Documents all work performed via ticketing system
* Creates, updates or enhances maintenance and operations documentation
* Performs daily system checks for alerts or degradation of service or system
* Updates or creates knowledge articles to allow Tier 1 to resolve without escalation to Tier 2
* Provides call-in support as required
* Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
* Typically requires BS and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience.
* Launch or mission operations experience
* 5+ years' experience performing Tier 2 hardware maintenance on mission critical systems
* Experience supporting configuration management, change management and service transition
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Proven ability to work collaboratively and constructively as part of a team
* Must be willing to perform call-in support as required
* Strong Analytical skills
* SharePoint, NETS, ServiceNow
* ITIL Foundations certification
* Current DoD 8570 certification applicable to the position (typically Security+)
External Referral Bonus:
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company's 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.