Utility Person/Maintenance - Corona
Employment Type: Full-Time
WE GIVE DOWN-TO-EARTH A WHOLE NEW MEANING
We are Lehigh Hanson. Our products build cities and towns, including stadiums that hold thousands of fans, and bridges that support millions of vehicles. We have thousands of employees across hundreds of locations in the U.S. and Canada, making us North America's leading supplier of cement, aggregates, ready mixed concrete, asphalt and related construction materials.
We might be a big company, but we appreciate and encourage our people to share their ideas and help shape our future. We want every one of our people to play an active role in growing our business. With our diverse product lines and locations across North America, there are opportunities to explore different roles and work on a variety of exciting and interesting projects.
We're a tight knit team. While we strive to be the best, we do it with an attitude that is humble, accessible and down-to-earth. We don't ask you to 'fit in' to our culture. We invite you to add to it.
HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL GET TO DO
Do you pride yourself in being a jack-of-all trades? The Utility Person position is critical to support plant needs by ensuring a safe and productive work environment. Primary duties include, but not limited to performing a variety of tasks or labor operations throughout the facility. Duties may include cleaning, washing, sweeping, shoveling, loading/unloading, and assisting in maintenance work, operating machinery such as skid steer, forklift, and/or loader in the performance of clean up or general maintenance work. May perform other work as assigned.
* Ensures compliance with all health, safety, and environmental regulations, and with company policies and procedures
* Perform basic maintenance and housekeeping/general clean up duties. This includes heavy lifting and shoveling to maintain plant area.
* Operating skid steer, forklift, and front-end loader when needed.
* Perform other duties and assignments as required.
* Ability to work overtime as needed (including Saturdays).
* Report unsafe conditions and report accidents or incident immediately.
This position will work the 1st shift in Corona.
HERE'S WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
* High school diploma or GED required
* Knowledge to operate machinery a plus
* Prior construction experience highly desired
* Welding skills highly preferred
* Ability to work in small spaces
* Ability to work different extended hours, holidays and/or overtime required
* Having your own tools a plus
* Physical Requirements: sitting, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, twisting, climbing, balancing, bending (bending at the waist, lifting above the waist and lifting below the waist), kneeling, reaching, grasping (use of both hands), squatting, repetitive motions, manipulative finger movements with both hands, use of wrists (flexing or rotating with both wrists), use of both feet, use of arms above and below shoulder, work extended periods of time in same position, perform duties in all climates i.e. weather, extreme temperatures, tolerate heights, lift and carry up to 75 lbs., work in confined spaces, capable of wearing respiratory and other personal protective equipment
BRING YOUR HUMBLE OVERACHIEVER ATTITUDE AND LET'S ELEVATE OUR COMPANY EVEN HIGHER!
We appreciate that candidates have many questions when considering opportunities, so we want to let you know that we offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, which we like to share with candidates a little bit later in the process.