Employment Type: Full-Time
WE GIVE DOWN-TO-EARTH A WHOLE NEW MEANING
We're Lehigh Hanson. Our products build cities and towns, including stadiums that hold thousands of fans, and bridges that support millions of vehicles. We have thousands of employees across hundreds of locations in the U.S. and Canada, making us North America's leading supplier of cement, aggregates, ready mixed concrete, asphalt and related construction materials.
We might be a big company, but we appreciate and encourage our people to share their ideas and help shape our future. We want every one of our people to play an active role in growing our business. With our diverse product lines and locations across North America, there are opportunities to explore different roles and work on a variety of exciting and interesting projects.
We're a tight knit team. While we strive to be the best, we do it with an attitude that is humble, accessible and down-to-earth. We don't ask you to 'fit in' to our culture. We invite you to add to it.
HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL GET TO DO
Are you looking for a long term position with a stable company? Do you enjoy working with your hands and with large equipment? Lehigh Hanson is seeking a qualified Heavy Equipment Operator to run front end loaders, dozers, and other equipment at our Goshen/Visalia, CA location.
* Operate heavy equipment in a safe and efficient manner
* Work in all areas of the plant as needed
* Observe all safety precautions and rules specified by federal, state, and company regulations
* Report unsafe conditions
* Report accidents or incidents immediately
* Utilize equipment in a manner to maximize productivity and minimize wear and down time
* Perform a daily walk-around inspection and fill out inspection form
* Recognize contaminated material and report unusual conditions to supervisor
* Fuel and lube equipment as needed
* Operate an excavator, a loader, and a dozer
* Other duties as assigned
This position will work overtime when necessary, and may work nights and weekends based on customer demand and maintenance scheduling.
HERE'S WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
* Must have high school diploma or general education (GED)
* Prefer three to five years of equipment operating experience
* Must have prior experience working in a mining or construction environment
* Must be able to carry 50 pounds
BRING YOUR HUMBLE OVERACHIEVER ATTITUDE AND LET'S ELEVATE OUR COMPANY EVEN HIGHER!
At Lehigh Hanson, we care a great deal about your health which is why there is no waiting period to participate in highly competitive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance programs. In addition, we offer a 401(k) retirement savings plan with an automatic company contribution as well as matching contributions.