Merchandising Internship: Summer 2022
Employment Type: Full-Time
LANDS' END MERCHANDISING INTERNSHIP - HYBRID OR REMOTE
At Lands' End, we are on a mission to create a more comfortable world. We care about our employees, our community and our planet. People are the heart of our company, and our doors are open to everyone. We are committed to creating a welcoming, safe and inclusive environment for all. Our strength in work and life comes from the combination of our experiences, backgrounds and talents. It's what we do as people that makes Lands' End a great place to work.
As an intern, you will join over 5,000 talented individuals who are leaders, critical thinkers, accountable, curious, flexible and results-minded all driving toward the same goal - to delight customers and drive sales through multiple channels. Our 12-week, summer Internship program gives you the freedom and flexibility to work in a location that is most comfortable and productive for you.
In addition, you will join a diverse group of individuals from a variety of colleges, universities and areas of study. Some highlights of our internship program include:
- Twelve-week program: May 23 - August 12
- Paid Internship
- Onsite, Hybrid and Remote options
- Computer equipment shipped directly to you
- Summer Hours: Work ends on Fridays at 1pm
- Team building and networking activities
- Group projects and career-building workshops
- Leadership and cross-functional learning opportunities
- Assigned mentor focused on your growth and development
- Senior leader speaker series
- Lands' End merchandise 50% discount
Our internship program is designed with future leaders in mind and serves as a pipeline for top talent. Participants in our program receive one-on-one mentorship while working alongside seasoned Merchandising professionals. As an Intern you will support the execution of key merchandising strategies by analyzing data, reviewing critical reporting and reacting to data points associated with the business. You will provide fact based information to the Merchant team which will allow decisions to be made on key concepts, key items, promotional strategies and product assortments that are brand right and aligned with the Lands' End customer. You will support the Merchants to take the category through the product development process where necessary. Specific responsibilities include running reports, analyzing data, competitive analysis, researching trends while coordinating and facilitating the communication within the team. You will work cross functionally with Design, Creative, Global Sourcing and Inventory Planning to support the business in delivering profitable results. You will provide support for visual set ups and presentations adequately conveying the design and merchandising vision.
Successful candidates should have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Instinct and passion for merchandising, great product (taste level), and a strong product point of view.
- Strong intellectual curiosity and bias for action.
- Customer-focused, results driven, analytical.
- Acute awareness of market trends (trend forecasting); can translate this into ideas for key items, profitable growth and measurable results.
- Innovative, critical thinker with the ability to continuously operate strategically and work cross-functionally.
- Strong leadership skills and communication skills, proven relationship builder.
- Able to work multi priorities and projects simultaneously, flexible.
- Strong knowledge of Excel.
- Working toward a degree in merchandising, business, retail a plus but not required.
- Retail store or related projects and experience a plus.