Applications Engineer - IBM Sterling Solution Architect
Employment Type: Full-Time
As part of its business growth and transformation program, Lands' End is in the process of leveraging and expanding our use of the IBM Sterling OMS. Currently, the solution is being leveraged for distributed order management and order fulfillment functions. Lands' End plans to extend the implementation with order management, call center, order orchestration and order scheduling capabilities within the Sterling application as part of implementing a related project for the Manhattan Active Warehouse Management Solution.
Lands' End is hiring an IBM Sterling OMS Technical Lead to join our IT team. You will be part of a talented and motivated team comprised of Lands' End internal resources and consultants that will implement and extend this solution. You will lead the solution architecture and technical design activities for Lands' End. In this role, you will have technical oversight of the project and the overall OMS platform by providing guidance and expertise in solution design, development, and unit testing. This position provides an opportunity to directly contribute to the growing success of Lands' End's omni-channel business - driving business growth through our e-commerce channels, our stores, our internal marketplace and 3 rd party wholesale and marketplaces relationships like Kohl's and Amazon.
The role can be fully remote with few planned trips to our Dodgeville, Wisconsin corporate office for certain corporate and project events. The position reports to the IT Manager of Application Engineering. You will also work directly and frequently with our Chief Architect and IT Director, Application Delivery Managers, Software Engineering Leads and peer senior technical leaders on matters of application architecture strategy.
Lands' End IT provides you the opportunity for professional growth and to make a difference in the success of Lands' End. You will be with a world-class team that shares your passion for solving complex and challenging problems.
- As part of a Supply Chain Transformation Program team, serve as an IBM Sterling Omnichannel and OMS subject matter expert while working with business partners to architect the 'best-fit' customer use cases across multiple enterprise systems.
- Serve as a key member of the solution delivery team by facilitating requirements and design phases as needed, including a) estimation of custom development efforts and b) collaborating with other technical experts to develop solutions and functional design documents to enable the development of final solutions.
- Identify areas where new business processes can be implemented in lieu of customizations to base Sterling OMS products.
- As needed, collaborate with other Solution Architects and Business Analysts to extend the capabilities of the Sterling OMS platform.
- Partner with other technical teams (middleware, database, infrastructure, etc.) to create interface documents and mappings to ensure that OMS is built in a Service Oriented Architecture manner.
- Participate and support in the solution testing and deployment.
- Provide technical expertise in establishing processes and procedures to ensure standards are followed.
- Ensure deliverables are of the highest quality and adhere to Lands' End enterprise architecture standards.
- Upon completion of the implementation phase, serve as the day-to-day OMS Lead or Business Advisor with Lands' End business and leadership teams.
- Mentor and provide solutions delivery expertise to less experienced team members. Provide technical direction, oversight and leadership to other OMS development resources including IBM team.
- Monitor team performance and provide feedback.
- Develop strong relationships with business partners.
- Team with business leaders to drive ongoing business requirements.
- Be a key participant in the business development process.