Employment Type: Full-Time
The main role of the IT Assistant is to provide support to the IT Manager for the overall administration of the information systems, projects, configurations, and user requests. Which includes end-user technical challenges, software installations, computer deployments, peripheral maintenance, assisting with server deployments and maintenance, working with networking equipment and general IT troubleshooting.
Required experience in computer maintenance and administration of desktop computers, laptops, Windows 10, Server 2016+, Active Directory, Office Suite 2019, wireless access/connectivity, network wiring & topology. Hotel IT experience strongly preferred with the following systems: Abacus, Opera PMS/cloud and Simphony POS, Dynamics GP/M3, Please include salary history/requirement within application/resume.
Hours: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Responsible for maintaining applications, servers, accounting systems, databases and other software related systems in accordance with company policies and procedures. Including monitoring of the applications and their processes, resource allocation, and usage. Promotes and follows LJBTC, Inc.s Signature Service standards and requirements ensuring a lasting impression of exemplary service resulting in supremely satisfied and loyal members and guests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
* Assists in ensuring that all applications including the following are functioning at optimal efficiency: Property Management (P.M.S.) system, Point of Sales (P.O.S.) system, Membership system, Accounting systems, Payroll systems, cloud services, Reservations and Marketing systems, and other application software.
* Coordinates with systems users that all software is functioning.
* Provides support to employees for the software applications throughout the working day which may include remote assistance, office visits, phone support, preventative, routine, and emergency maintenance as required.
* Perform and monitor full/incremental backups and restoration of information if necessary
* Schedules software/application patches and updates and applies as necessary
* Planning, implementing, and monitoring of application security measures
* Ensure that application communications are functioning properly
* Assists with 3rd party projects and other cloud hosting needs as necessary
* Perform light programming/scripting
* Application monitoring including memory usage, hard drive space, resource allocation.
* Maintains knowledge of technological developments and security incidents related to the hospitality industry, including hardware and software, and provides input on the most cost-effective systems to achieve the company's technological needs/security requirements.
* Maintains contact with software/application vendors and repair services to ensure that the company is getting the best service at the best price.
* Sets up new users with appropriate levels of security access to the system, as established by the company, to ensure that users only have access to systems and data that they require to do their jobs. Ensures that former employees are immediately taken off the system so that they cannot gain access to the system. Changes passwords routinely to ensure that each employees' password is secure and that others are not using them.
* Reviews logs to ensure that employees are not in areas outside their own areas of responsibility.
* Assists in developing and documenting procedures to handle application system crashes to ensure that the Companys computer systems can continue to function and that managers know the procedures to get the system back on line.
* Ensures emergency procedures are in place for times when Managers and the IT Manager are not readily available, including phone numbers of key staff and outside support services
* Documents all basic application procedures and lists all software components.
* Prepares reports and analyses or provides information as required and requested by Management.
* Assists in resolution of end-user technical challenges via IT support channels.
* Assists in software installations and upgrades.
* Assists in software/application deployments.
* Provides input for annual budget for computer, software and support needs.
* Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) or equivalent; or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Has strong knowledge of Microsoft software such as Windows 10, and Microsoft Office 2019, Microsoft Exchange. Also has strong knowledge of Accounting software, Membership software, Payroll, HR systems, Reservations and Marketing cloud services.
Ability to analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or contracts. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to common inquiries or complaints from employees, management, members/guests, vendors, and the general public. Ability to communicate in both a technical and non-technical capacity.
Ability to utilize general math skills to calculate figures and amounts, such as discounts or sales tax.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw solid conclusions. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee frequently must lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is also occasionally required to crawl, fit and maneuver in tight spaces, such as attics, basements and closets. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
This company operates seven days a week, 24 hours a day. Shifts will generally be rotated unless you were hired for a specific shift, as much as possible to be fair to everyone. Be aware that at times it may be necessary to move you from your accustomed shift if business or task assignments demand. In addition, it should be understood that business determines the amount of hours you work and that some weeks you may be scheduled less than 40 hours and some weeks more than 40 hours.