Encapsulation & Bonding Technician - Electronics
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Title: Encapsulation & Bonding Technician - Electronics
Job ID: AS20211202-56597
Job Location: Torrance, CA
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced ENCAPSULATION TECHNICIAN at our Torrance, California location to perform encapsulation and bonding processes on electronic assemblies for communications components. In this full-time hourly position, you will fabricate and test various plastic materials, moldings, coatings, adhesives, filament windings and laminates to determine the most appropriate methods of encapsulating assemblies to meet our microwave power module production requirements. In addition, you'll operate large high-pressure ovens, vacuum chambers, and related equipment to carry out encapsulation processes.
5 years of experience carrying out potting and encapsulating tasks, preferably for electronic assemblies. (Related bonding or coating experience in fields other than electronics will be considered.)
Other qualifications that will enable you to be successful in this position include:
* Must be proficient at weighing, measuring, mixing and applying a variety of bonding and coating materials.
* The ability to read and comprehend blueprints, technical papers, and written and verbal instructions is required.
* Knowledge of related equipment such as pressure and vacuum chambers for encapsulation and curing is necessary.
* Experience using durometer hardness gauges, micrometers and calipers is needed.
* Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
* A high school diploma or equivalent is needed.