Electronic Equipment Service Technician
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Title: Electronic Equipment Service Technician
Job ID: AS20212403-58620
Job Location: Torrance, CA
We currently have an opening for an ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT SERVICE TECHNICIAN at our Torrance, California location. In this full-time hourly position, you will maintain high-voltage power supply systems that are used to test traveling wave tubes (TWTs) and other products. Responsibilities include:
* Assisting senior technicians and engineering staff members with troubleshooting (to component level) and repair of high-voltage power supplies and associated equipment.
* Providing support for the operation, maintenance, and modification of complex high-voltage electronic systems
* Troubleshooting, isolating, and repairing complex electronic systems
* Preparing thorough documentation on all work performed.
You should have at least two years of related electronics technical experience that includes knowledge of electronic test equipment and procedures, and working knowledge of specialized test equipment. Other qualifications that will enable you to perform successfully in this position include:
* Knowledge of analog and digital theory.
* Demonstrated skill in the use of basic volt meters, o-scopes and power meters.
* Must be capable of safely working around high voltage over 600v; previous experience working with high voltage is a plus.
* Knowledge of basic TWT concepts is desirable.
* Must be able to lift 35 pounds
* Requires the ability to pass J-STD solder certification; current certification preferred.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills are needed.
* Requires the ability to work in a fast-moving environment and coordinate multiple tasks effectively.
* A relevant associate's degree, comprehensive electronics training in a military or civilian technical school, or equivalent additional electronics lab or test operations experience is preferred.
* Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information requiring a security clearance.