Facilities Technician D
Employment Type: Full-Time
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Facilities Technician D
Job Code: SAS20201910-51972
Job Location: Van Nuys CA
Responsible for the maintenance and repair of the facility's structure, equipment and grounds, including all trades (mechanical, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, etc.). Performs trades work, such as carpentry or painting, in the construction, repair or alteration of structures such as walls, roofs or office fixtures. Conducts routine, periodic, or special inspections to determine repair and maintenance work necessary to prevent breakdowns of facilities, machinery, and equipment. Uses blueprints, sketches, layouts, wiring diagrams, drawings, and specifications. Requires knowledge of applicable standards or regulations, and may require specific trade certifications.
* Perform light facilities maintenance tasks (minor electrical, light bulbs, furniture moves, picture hanging, etc…)
* Maintain building preventative maintenance program, including inspections
* Coordinate facility service calls (HVAC, plumbing, electricians, etc…). Escort subcontractors as required
* Review contractor quotes for accuracy of repairs and pricing
* Shipping and receiving support
* Maintain machine preventative maintenance program, assist with diagnosis/repairs as necessary
* Ability to take forklift and scissor lift course
* Assist with general cleanliness/organization of shop tools and support equipment
* Perform EHS trainings as needed
* Other duties as assigned
* Able to obtain and maintain DoD clearance and additional clearances as required
* High School Diploma with a minimum of 6 years in a building maintenance position or an apprenticeship in applicable trade, electrician, plumbing, and carpentry
* Able to work with basic hand tools & power tools (such as drills, saws, wrenches, pneumatic tools, etc)
* Proficiency with Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio)
Preferred Additional Skills:
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem-solving ability
* Able to follow written and verbal instructions
* Ability to prioritize tasks independently and adapt to changing/urgent facilities needs
* Ability to function in a team environment with limited supervision
* Prior construction and warehouse support experience
* Familiarity with Machine shop equipment and maintenance
* Applicable licenses/certifications (electrician, plumbing, HVAC)
* Excellent people skills, with experience collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment
* AutoCAD Proficient
* Pluming, Mechanical, electrical, HVAC Proficiency
* System trouble shooting
* Facilities Automation to include:
* Maintenance Connection
* Johnson Control
* Project scheduling & management
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.