Environmental Test Technician - Satellite Thrusters
Employment Type: Full-Time
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Environmental Test Technician - Satellite Thrusters (1st Shift)
Job ID: AS20211502-56646
Job Location: Torrance, CA
We currently have an opportunity for a TEST TECHNICIAN to conduct thermal vacuum and other environmental testing of space-qualified ion propulsion thrusters at our Torrance, California location. In this full-time hourly position you'll be responsible for:
* Reading and interpreting written test requirements
* Setting up the necessary test equipment
* Accurately carrying out the required testing according to test instructions
* Supporting test engineers in developing testing methods and plans
* Assisting in troubleshooting any issues that may arise during testing
* Coordinating maintenance, calibration, and repair of equipment
You will need at least three years of experience in thermal vacuum testing, along with an associate's degree in electronics or a related field OR an equivalent combination of education and experience. Other qualifications that will enable you to be successful in this position include:
* Familiarity with the use of electronic test equipment such as amplifiers, chart recorders, conditioners, and various data acquisition devices is necessary.
* Must have the ability to solder, set up thermocouples and monitoring devices, and work in close proximity of delicate hardware without damaging it.
* Basic computer skills are required, with knowledge of Microsoft office applications needed.
* Good organizational skills are a must.
* The ability to lift items weighing over 50 pounds and assist in the movement of thrusters and test equipment is necessary.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.