Warehouse Forklift Associate
Employment Type: Full-Time
Kuehne + Nagel is looking for a Forklift Operator who is dependable, safety focused, and enjoys working in a team environment!
The Warehouse Forklift Operator is responsible for moving materials within the warehouse and the loading/unloading of materials onto or from vehicles utilizing a forklift, reach-truck, order picker, pallet jack or other heavy material handling equipment as required.
* Use material handling (MH) equipment to unload incoming materials from trailers.
* Verify and receive materials into inventory
* Marks and inventories packages for storage or transit
* May also include palletizing and shrink-wrap.
* Duties may include receiving, checking and storing
* May be required to stack pallets and repeatedly lift up to 50 pounds
* Use MH Equipment to move and store materials within the warehouse
* Use MH Equipment to pick, verify and pack orders according to standard practice
* Use MH Equipment or other designated means to load goods into trailers or other designated transport vehicles for distribution
* Works from pick sheet to pull product or supplies.
* Check orders against pull sheets.
* 'Dangerous Goods': when receiving dangerous goods, the necessary procedures must be followed and these shipments must be stored in the designated section of the warehouse.
* If/when applicable, 'bonded' cargo must be processed and handled accordingly, based on existing guidelines for this type of shipment
* Maintain warehouse clean and free of debris at all times
* Adhere to local, State, and Federal regulations inclusive, but not limited, to OSHA, DOT, EPA and other government agencies. Certification required to handle any hazardous material(s)
Your Skills and Experiences
* High School Education or Equivalent
* 1 year forklift experience required
* Basic computer and math skills
* Ability to walk/stand for extended periods of time and lift up to 50 pounds
Employee will be expected to follow procedures introduced via on the job training. Elevating potential situations to the next level of supervision when required. Identify and correct mistakes/inconsistencies when receiving/completing paperwork.
Good Reasons to Join
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent training programs and a highly dynamic global work environment.