Employment Type: Full-Time
Description Job Title: E-Commerce Specialist Associate
Department - Retail
Status- Full Time
Immediate Supervisor – Retail Manager
The Salvation Army Mission Statement: - The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church.
Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
• Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Excellent Computer & Technology Skills with a focus on Windows Operating Systems (7 or higher) and all Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, etc)
• Photoshop preferred
• Strong internet research skills
• Must be able to work in fast-paced environment!
• A passion for working in a high growth business as the pace and expectations of the culture require both a high attention to detail and a commitment to excellence.
• Strong organizational skills with a high attention to detail.
• Must be professional at all times as you are representing our company
• Must be able to work independently with little supervision
• Able to work under pressure and multitask.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
• Two to four years of customer service and/or other retail experience
• A passion for success, a positive and friendly attitude and a consistent work ethic are all a must.
• Must pass background check, which will include Criminal History and Sex Offender Registry
• Ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel, and twist on an intermittent or continuous basis.
• Ability to grasp, push, pull and move heavy objects such as household and office furniture, packages and all other bulk items.
• Ability to operate a telephone
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
• Ability to perform various repetitive motion tasks
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Posting on Salvation Army online auction website. Which includes writing product descriptions and photography of items for sale. Product descriptions must be grammatically correct at all times.
• Assist with pricing and selection of merchandise listed on the online auction website
• Handling all phone and email customer support in a timely manner.
• Following up on all orders with customers in real time
• Ability to meet daily posting quotas and weekly and monthly sales targets determined by Supervisor
• Handles all fulfillment requests by processing all customer orders.
• Selects most cost effective shipping method for items purchased,
• Handling all stock shipping, scheduling and ensuring all orders are shipped within their handling times.
• A basic understanding of third party listing and shipping software (Sure Done, Ship Station, Terapeak)
• Sending Shipping notifications in real time to customers after all orders are finalized.
• Handling all damage/loss claims and following up on them in a timely manner
• Answering all customer shipping inquiries
• Contacts carriers for daily shipments
• Maintains required stock levels of authorized packaging materials.
• You must be able to work quickly with accuracy and be productive. This means working efficiently and pacing your workload out.
• Must be able to perform duties with extremely low error rate!
• A desire to learn new things and to advance within the organization –
• Takes and active role, and partners with the Retail Manager, Collectables Specialist and all other team members in the day to day operation of the ecommerce business.
• Provides coaching, training and development of new employees
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ability to serve as backup to the Ecommerce Merchandiser when absent.
• Ability to locate high valued merchandise located at ARC Center to sell on ecommerce platform.
• Perform extensive research on items to be posted and determine the best possible price.
• A basic understanding of third party research software, Terapeak. Also the ability to use listing and shipping software, Sure Done, Ship Station.
• Inventory Control: Keep track of physical inventory currently on auction and ensure pending items are carefully secured inside designated area.
• Other written or verbal duties may be assigned by your supervisor and/or Administrator. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.