Unmanned Aircraft - Painter I-II - Swing Shift
Employment Type: Full-Time
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Prepare surfaces for paint application. Apply protective coatings to metal and composite based product specifications using spray gun techniques. Remove protective coatings using chemical and mechanical methods.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The duties and responsibilities listed below apply to all levels of Painters. Each level of Painter has additional duties and responsibilities listed.
* Paints production products using enamel, lacquer, polyurethane, elastomeric, and related finishes.
* Follows FOD (foreign object prevention) practices.
* Uses wet mil gauge for verification of paint thickness.
* Prepares surfaces for paint using pneumatic, mechanical and hand sanding methods.
* Operates shop related machinery to include HVLP spray guns, ovens, paint booths, pneumatic tools, common hand tools, and scales.
* Handles, applies, stores, and disposes of chemical paint removing compounds, paints, smoothing compounds, adhesives, sealants, and solvents.
* Must use a respirator when spraying primer and paints.
* Interprets and follow manufacturing orders and drawings.
* Completes production paperwork, including painting logs.
* Supports and exhibits the focus of zero defects as well as 'right-the-first-time' approach.
* Inspects finished products for conformance to specifications.
* Complies with established safety directives.
* Complies with established QMS procedures.
* Maintains a clean work area and ensures strict adherence to the 5S Standards.
Other Job Functions
* Assists co-workers within immediate department as required.
* Assists outside department personnel per Supervisor's request or approval.
* May occasionally perform common tasks outside the scope of this job description in support of production operations.
* May be cross trained and utilized to perform technical tasks outside the scope of this job description in support of production operations.
* Other duties may be assigned
Experience and Skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
* Ability to communicate effectively and professionally.
* Must be able to interpret and work from industry specifications.
* Must be able to demonstrate accurate basic math skills.
* Must be able to demonstrate the accurate use of a tape measure.
* Must be able to perform dimensional inspection using calipers, dial indicator, thickness gauge.
* Basic computer skills with the ability to navigate around files.
* Works under close supervision.
* Specific duties and responsibilities for this level include an intermediate level of:
* Materials Knowledge
* Works under minimal supervision.
* Applies decals according to specifications and written work instructions.
* Trains less skilled Painters and Grinder/Sanders.
* Specific duties and responsibilities for this level include an advanced level of:
* Materials Knowledge
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Requires high school education or equivalent.
* Preferably 2+ years of hands on experience in a automotive or industrial finishing environment.
* Experience with aircraft finish, especially composite airframes a definite plus.
* May be required to obtain and maintain a U.S. security clearance at the appropriate level (requires U.S. Citizenship).
* In addition to Painter I requirements above:
* Preferably 5 - 7 years of hands on experience in an automotive or industrial finishing environment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
* Standing, walking, and occasionally sitting.
* Exposed to noise and hazardous chemicals.
* Must use respirator when spraying primers and paints. Requires pre-employment physical exam to certify ability to use respirator.
* May work extended hours and/or weekends.
* Occasionally lifts and carries up to 35 lbs.
* Employee may generate, handle, manage, or work around hazardous materials and hazardous wastes.