Senior Associate, R&D Tax Credits
Employment Type: Full-Time
At KPMG, you can become an integral part of a dynamic team at one of the world's top tax firms. Enjoy a collaborative, future-forward culture that empowers your success. Work with KPMG's extensive network of specialists & enjoy access to our Ignition Centers, where deep industry knowledge merges with cutting-edge technologies to create innovative tax solutions. Join a diverse team helping high-profile clients understand, analyze, and respond to complex business opportunities and challenges. Develop your career through a range of multifaceted engagements, formal training, and informal mentoring.
At KPMG, we believe nothing is more important than investing in our culture because it's an investment in our people, our future, and what we stand for as a firm.
KPMG is currently seeking a Tax Senior Associate to join our Accounting Methods and Credit Services practice.
* Work with multi-disciplinary teams to conduct research and development (R&D) tax credit consulting services, including leading client interviews and discussions, performing tax technical research and developing business and industry expertise
* Communicate directly with client personnel, including operations, finance, accounting and engineering
* Assist in managing and implementing multiple projects simultaneously, which include client interviews, computations, analysis, data gathering and coordination of KPMG and client resources
* Assist with drafting opinion letters, responses to IRS inquiries, IRS ruling requests and writing other technical memoranda
* Minimum two years of recent tax experience in a public accounting firm or corporate taxation experience
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university
* Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and Access along with experience performing internet research
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Ability to travel and work at client locations
* Technical skills and experience with research and development deduction and credit Internal Revenue Code sections (including, but not limited to, sections 174 & 41), corresponding regulations and relevant judicial and administrative authority
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.