Distribution Center Associate
*Starting Pay: $14.00/hour*
The primary responsibility of the Material Handler is to prepare process and move merchandise productively, safely, and accurately per established production rates and according to established standards and guidelines. Associates will be cross-trained to perform a variety of functions in various departments to support business and operational needs.
Do you love . . . working in a dynamic, challenging, team environment and ending each day feeling satisfied for a job well done?
Are you energized by . . . working with a winning team and providing outstanding customer service on a daily basis?
Do you enjoy . . . successfully exceeding goals and expectations in an environment that is safe, friendly and rewarding?
The requirements listed below are representative of functions an associate will be required to perform and the associate may be required to perform additional functions. The company may revise this job description from time to time. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, absent undue hardship.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF JOB
- Receive and process merchandise, including picking, packing, preparing and shipping orders and returns and load/unload trailers following established company and industry standard operating procedures.
- Follow all company, state, local and OSHA safety rules, policies and regulations to promote a safe work environment; promptly report any potential violations to appropriate supervisor/manager.
- Input data to prepare reports.
- Comply with all company policies, procedures, standards and guidelines, including those related to accuracy and productivity.
- Provide high quality internal and external customer service, including communicating with vendors and other associates/locations to resolve disputes and review compliance.
- Maintain regular and acceptable attendance as set by the company and comply with dress code requirements.
- Process and move merchandise productively, safely and accurately per established production rates and according to established standards and guidelines.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule and adhere to the requirement of working any designated shift and overtime as requested per business and operational needs.
- Fulfill the Knowledge, Skills and Ability Section.
- Perform work in accordance with the Working Conditions and Physical Requirements Sections.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to learn and apply policies, procedures, standards and guidelines.
- Ability to perform assigned tasks in a timely and accurate manner with minimal supervision.
- Ability to receive, understand and proactively respond to direction from supervisors/managers and other company personnel.
- Ability to work as part of a team and interact effectively with others.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and accomplish multiple tasks within established timeframes.
- Ability to satisfactorily complete company training programs and be cross-trained in at least 2 departments.
- Basic math and reading skills, legible handwriting, and basic computer operation.
- Ability to operate multiple frequency devices, handheld scanners, and other power equipment as directed.
- Ability to work in a multi-level environment, including climbing stairs.
- Ability to stand and /or walk for the duration of the scheduled shift (at least 12 hours).
- Ability to periodically work overtime to support the cyclical nature of the business (may entail a shift longer than 12 hours).
- Ability to squat, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, twist, reach, lift, push and pull on a frequent basis.
- Must be able to lift and carry objects up to 30 lbs. frequently, up to 50 lbs. occasionally and over 50 lbs. with a two person lift.
- Ability to wear a face mask or covering and other personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Exposure to noise and moderate but varying temperatures, humidity and other elements in warehouse environments.
- Kohl’s uses Biometric equipment for various business purposes, which may include timekeeping, access, secure entry/exit, temperature/wellness screenings, or other business operations.