Regional Technical Advisor - North America Flat Glass
Employment Type: Full-Time
Guardian Glass, a primary business unit of Guardian Industries, LLC, is one of the world's largest manufacturers of float, coated and fabricated glass products. Guardian produces many types of float glass, along with high-performance coated glass under the brands SunGuard™ and ClimaGuard™, for use in exterior façade applications (both commercial and residential).Guardian glass is also used in a variety of products for interior, transportation, and specialty applications. Guardian glass can be found in homes, offices, vehicles, and some of the world's most iconic architectural landmarks. The Guardian Glass Science & Technology Center works to create new glass products and solutions using the most advanced technology to help customers see what's possible™. Visitguardianglass.com for more information. Guardian is a wholly owned subsidiary of Koch Industries, Inc.
Guardian's vision is to create value for customers and society through constant innovation using fewer resources. The company utilizes Market-Based Management (MBM™) to create superior value for Guardian, customers, partners, and society. We endeavor to understand what our customers value and create strategies and initiatives that make Guardian their preferred partner, with emphasis on those customers where we can mutually create the most value.
Experience: The RTA candidate should have experience in architectural design, façade consulting, glazing, aluminum profiles or systems, windows or other areas related to glass or construction. RTAs possess the ability to positively interact, understand, and influence the needs of architects and specifiers and other participants in building design and construction. An understanding of how decisions in building and glazing system design, including the materials of the building envelope, effect the energy usage of the building and are specified would be highly desirable. Travel requirements are approximately 10-20% supporting Guardian sales representatives in visits to window manufactures, fabricators, architects, and glaziers. The goal of these meetings will be to solve technical problems, assist customers in using Guardian's full suite of support tools, as well as continually develop the relationships needed to further strengthen Guardian's commercial products value proposition.
Location: The position will work from a home office, preferably in the Western U.S. The position provides primary support to the West region sales team and Guardian's Kingsburg, CA manufacturing facility
Responsibilities and Expectations: Guardian's Regional Technical Advisors (RTA) support residential and commercial fabricators, glaziers, architects, developers and specification writers with technical product support and problem resolution, primarily with the glazing and performance guidance. This support creates customer confidence and loyalty and promotes the use of Guardian glass products in a wide variety of applications and market segments. The position is part of the North America Technical Services.
What You Will Do In Your Role
* Provide technical guidance on a wide variety of topics related to glass and glass applications
* Promotion and support for Guardian's Glass Analytics and other online tools
* Support Guardian's promotional and sales strategies throughout the commercial channel
* Provide value-added support that also mitigates project risk
* Develop and provide training to key customers and channel partners. Work with the sales team groups to identify the highest priority contacts.
* Provide professional written responses to customer questions and inquiries.
* Demonstrate focus and urgency in responding to customer issues and requests.
* The position will work from a home office, preferably in the Western U.S. The position provides primary support to the West region sales team and Guardian's Kingsburg, CA manufacturing facility.
The Experience You Will Bring
* A four-year technical college degree. Professional certification would be an advantage.
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in technical support, ideally in a construction environment. Glass, glazing or aluminum systems experience is highly desirable.
* Background and experience in structured, team-oriented problem solving.
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate across multiple levels of an organization. Comfortable presenting to small groups.
* Ability to work independently with limited supervision, and to prioritize workload based upon customer demand, key metrics, and Guardian internal priorities.
* Excellent organizational skills demonstrated by the handling of multiple challenges and tasks with a strong attention to detail.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate's knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com