Employment Type: Full-Time
KLA is a global leader in diversified electronics for the semiconductor manufacturing ecosystem. Virtually every electronic device in the world is produced using our technologies. No laptop, smartphone, wearable device, voice-controlled gadget, flexible screen, VR device or smart car would have made it into your hands without us. KLA invents systems and solutions for the manufacturing of wafers and reticles, integrated circuits, packaging, printed circuit boards and flat panel displays. The innovative ideas and devices that are advancing humanity all begin with inspiration, research and development. KLA focuses more than average on innovation and in 2019 we invested 15% of sales back into R&D. Our expert teams of physicists, engineers, data scientists and problem-solvers work together with the world's leading technology providers to accelerate the delivery of tomorrow's electronic devices. Life here is exciting and our teams thrive on tackling really hard problems. There is never a dull moment with us.
With over 40 years of semiconductor process control experience, chipmakers around the globe rely on KLA to ensure that their fabs ramp next-generation devices to volume production quickly and cost-effectively. Enabling the movement towards advanced chip design, KLA's Global Products Group (GPG), which is responsible for creating all of KLA's metrology and inspection products, is looking for the best and the brightest research scientist, software engineers, application development engineers, and senior product technology process engineers. The RAPID division is the world leading provider of reticle inspection solutions for the semiconductor industry. The company provides inspection solutions to both the mask shops and the semiconductor fabs to ensure that lithography yields are consistently high thus enabling cost-effective manufacturing.
KLA is seeking a motivated individual for an engineer position in world-class algorithm group within the reticle product division (RAPID).
* This individual will utilize his/her skills in Image processing, mathematics, and software to develop algorithms to be integrated into KLA's state of the art inspection platforms.
* Responsibilities of this position include develop defect detection algorithms, apply image proc technique to maximize signal to noise ratio . This requires abstracting specific tasks into generic mathematic problem and finding customized algorithm solutions; balancing between rigor and practicality through comprehensive data analysis.
* This person is expected to bring forward creative ideas, develop production code and provide support as needed. This candidate shall be able to work independently and with a project team; provide input to hardware group on image quality and error budget base on Algorithm design and performance; engage constructively with marketing on product requirements and provide training to application team.
* Significant experience in C++ production software development and object-oriented programming is essential. Previous deployment of Convolution Neural Network for image applications is preferred.
* The candidate is expected to possess good oral and written communications skills to interact with other development and applications engineers daily.
Strong Image and signal processing skills
Algorithm development with C++ in unix / linux environment
Linear and non-linear optimizations
Capability to formulate creative solutions through analyzing complex data
Machine Learning for image applications
Good communication skills
Ph.D. or MS in Physics, Applied Math, EE, Computer Science or related discipline
KLA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
We offer a competitive, family friendly total rewards package. We design our programs to reflect our commitment to an inclusive environment, while ensuring we provide benefits that meet the diverse needs of our employees.
KLA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by applicable law. We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.