Family Service Worker- 10 months
Employment Type: Full-Time
Employment Type: 10-months (Hanford & Lemoore)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Compensation: Min. $17.49/hour - Max. $22.39/hour
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Join Kings Community Action Organization (KCAO) and make a difference in Kings County, CA as a Family Service Worker. KCAO envisions a future where all people in Kings County are able to live with dignity, have access to available resources and have the opportunity, motivation and ability to live economically productive and satisfying lives.
Our Mission: Working as a team, KCAO will seek and provide programs that develop self-sufficiency in individuals, families, and communities within Kings County.
Our Vision: Kings County residents and communities will achieve self-sufficiency through the high quality and client-focused programs of KCAO.
We are a private nonprofit helping people and changing lives in Kings County since 1965. Do you see yourself as part of our team of passionate, committed, and caring people?
The Family Service Worker is responsible for providing services and performing activities that meet the requirements of parent engagement, social services, and health services (medical/dental/mental health) mandates as outlined in the Head Start Performance Standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Works with community agencies to attain resources for social services for Head Start families.
* Assists Head Start families in accessing social services programs.
* Maintains proper documentation, including timely scanning, uploading, and data entry.
* Maintains a professional level of confidentiality regarding all Head Start matters.
* Complies with Head Start policies regarding confidentiality of records and protects the information of children and families.
* Participate with the recruitment and enrollment of children.
* Assists families in scheduling medical and dental screening exams and follow up appointments within required timelines.
* Assists families with obtaining height, weight, vision, hearing, and other health requirements based on the Bright Futures Recommendations for Pediatric Preventative Care.
* Meets with families to evaluate family needs and complete Family Partnership Agreement. Tracks goals and progress toward meeting these family goals.
* Conduct pre and post parent surveys to identify strengths and measure parent outcomes.
* Assist families with transportation to social services agencies, policy council meetings and other locations to support the family as approved by supervisor.
* Assist with planning and organizing parent meetings and wellness sessions.
* Facilitate parenting classes.
* Conducts home visits as needed.
* Attends staff trainings as required, including vision and hearing certification, first aid and CPR.
* Reports to work ready to perform responsibilities.
* Upholds and adheres to safety rules and policies.
* Coordinate activities with staff, parents, supervisor and the management team.
* Participate in team staffing and case conferencing to develop a team approach in providing services to children and their families.
* Other duties as required and requested.
* Associate's Degree in Social Work, Human Services, Psychology, or other job-related field from an accredited institution of higher education.
* A credential or certification in social work, human services, family services, counseling, or related field.
* Travel and attend out of area meetings and conferences as required per the funding source(s).
* Work variable hours and days, including those outside regular Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. business hours.
* Meet and maintain KCAO hiring requirements which include:
* Criminal Record Clearance including California DOJ, FBI and Child Abuse Centralized Index (CACI).
* Reliable, insured transportation and valid California Driver License.
* Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) acceptable to KCAO's vehicle insurer.
* Health examination with tuberculin clearance.
* AND contingent on employment candidate will be required to provide documentation of your Measles, and Pertussis immunizations.
* Influenza immunization highly preferred.
* Ability to be contacted outside of regularly scheduled work hours in case of emergency.
KCAO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace
KCAO participates in the E-Verify program that electronically confirms an employee's authorization to work in the United States that complies with the I-9 form.