Registered Dietitian - Palomar Rehabilitation Institute
Employment Type: Full-Time
Palomar Health Rehabilitation Institute - Escondido, CA
Kindred Healthcare and Palomar Health have signed a Joint Venture and recently celebrated the groundbreaking of a new acute inpatient rehabilitation hospital. The two-story, 58,000-square-foot facility will feature 52 inpatient beds and is located on the campus of
Palomar Medical Center in Escondido, California.
The new hospital will offer treatment services to a variety of rehabilitation patient types, including brain injury and stroke patients. This will be San Diego County's first standalone rehabilitation hospital. Expected to open in 2021, this facility comes as Palomar and Kindred continues to run its existing inpatient rehabilitation program, which has been run by Kindred since 2000.
Our culture of caring for our patients and residents begins with our core values - our employees.
We are committed to fostering professional growth and dedicated healthcare teams that make us the provider of choice. We embrace a diverse workforce and understand that hiring outstanding people is the key to providing quality care - and quality care is what we do every day!
As the Dietitian, you will:
Plan and deliver nutritional care to patients according to the physicians' diagnoses. Performs as a member of the multidisciplinary care team. Screens newly admitted patients to identify those at nutritional risk.
* Assesses patients' nutritional status according to established standards. Performs nutritional screening within required timeframes.
* Obtains necessary information from the medical record to determine patient's nutritional status; develops nutritional care plans for patients in the rehabilitation setting.
* Assures that patient's cultural, religious, and ethnic food preferences are honored, when possible, unless contraindicated.
* Assures that food and nutrition products are stored under proper conditions of sanitation, temperature, light, moisture, ventilation and security.
* Evaluates the results of nutritional intervention on the patient's nutritional status to determine the need to revise the nutritional care plan.
* Improves patient's nutritional status by consulting with physician on appropriate nutritional interventions.
* Assists in developing and implementing patient nutrition care programs and ensures consistency of programs. Assists in the development and implementing of patient nutritional menus.
* Interacts professionally with patient/family. Provides nutritional teaching and counseling to patient/family in making desired changes in eating habits. Assesses patient's ability to learn.
* Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
* Provides food-drug interrelationship information to physician.
* Assists in orienting and in servicing new employees to department.
* Maintains a good working relationship both within the department and with other departments.
* Documentation meets current standards and policies. Documents problems, goals, etc on the Interdisciplinary Care Plan on admission, updates as appropriate.
* Conducts in-service as requested to hospital staff and the community.
* Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity.
* Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
* Assesses patients' nutritional status according to established standards.
* Obtains necessary information from the medical record to determine patient's nutritional status.
* Develops nutritional care plans for patients in the rehabilitation setting.
* Bachelor's degree in course work approved by the Commission on Accreditation for Dietetics Education (CADE) of the American Dietetic Association (ADA) or a post Bachelor's Certificate in Dietetics.
* State licensure/certification required if required by state.
* Registered Dietitian required.
* Previous experience in acute care setting preferred.
* Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills