Monitor Technician FT Nights
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job # 421214 Date posted 11/16/2021
IT'S SIMPLE. You want to work in a hospital setting where you are valued and appreciated - where you receive respect from your superiors and co-workers as well as the patients you treat.
You want to be challenged by your job without being overwhelmed by it. You want to play an instrumental role in helping a patient recover, sometimes against strong odds, and go home. What you want is Kindred Healthcare.
Our mission is to promote healing, provide hope, preserve dignity and produce value for each patient, resident, family member, customer, employee and shareholder we serve. Join us!
Kindred Hospital offers significant opportunities for growth and career advancement. This is an amazing opportunity to join Kindred Hospital and gain experience as a Monitor Technician.
You will continuously monitor the cardiac function of patients on telemetry, providing an accurate interpretation of the rhythm and promptly notifying the nursing staff of any significant findings or changes. Perform clerical and receptionist duties.
* Print and interpret rhythm strips every eight hours and place in patient's chart each shift; alert nursing personnel of rhythm changes or new occurrences and obtain a graphic tracing for each
* Accountable for alarm limit settings on the monitors
* Follow policies for placing telemetry leads on patients; troubleshoot any telemetry problems
* Compile new and current charts; enter patient information on chart and Kardex
* Perform clerical duties related to admission and discharge of patients
* Answer telephone and intercom, take messages and communicate information to appropriate person; call and follow-up with consultants
* Assist visitors on the nursing units
High School diploma or General Equivalency Diploma.
Current CPR certification.
Completion of Telemetry Training
If you are a current Kindred/RehabCare employeeClick Here.