Employment Type: Full-Time
At Kia, we're creating award-winning products and redefining what value means in the automotive industry. It takes a special group of individuals to do what we do, and we do it together. Our culture is fast-paced, collaborative, and innovative. Our people thrive on thinking differently and challenging the status quo. We are creating something special here, a culture of learning and opportunity, where you can help Kia achieve big things and most importantly, feel passionate and connected to your work every day.
Kia provides team members with competitive benefits including premium paid medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your dependents, 401(k) plan matching of 100% up to 6% of the salary deferral, and time off starting at 14 days per year. Kia also offers company lease and purchase programs, company-wide holiday shutdown, paid volunteer hours, and premium lifestyle amenities at our corporate campus in Irvine, California.
The Multimedia Manager will be responsible for:
* Lead and direct IQS/VDS activities associated with multimedia for all models, including data analysis, issue clarification through customer contacts and visits, decision making for implementation of improvements for customer education materials: FFG, Customer Tips, Owner Manuals and hang tags to achieve corporate goals for multimedia DTU PP100. Provides KMA leadership in cross functional teams with KMC, NAQC, HATCI to establish IQS/VDS improvement strategy and review/approve software upgrades.
* Lead and direct activities to identify and report Quality concerns for multimedia across all models, utilizing Warranty, Techline and Consumer affairs data to issue comprehensive QIRs, confirm countermeasure effectiveness and validate and implement field fixes.
* Direct and supervise the preparation of all work related to the publication of TSB and SA including draft reviews, time studies, analysis of labor times, parts required, VIN list and final publication.
* Plan and direct go and see activities with KMC, NAQC and other subsidiary' personnel.
* Supervise Multimedia service engineer, providing training and direction toward accomplishment of assigned goals.
* Interface with KMA management and executive management with presentations, communications and strategy for all multimedia.
* Plan for and supervise all new model multimedia hardware, software and functionality, to ensure it meets US Customer expectations for performance and quality.
For quality improvement purposes, position requires continuous evaluation of Product Quality Test Fleet vehicles and will include driving outside of normal business hours. This requires the possession of a valid state driver's license and good driving record.
Priority Major Responsibility % 1st Supervise identification, investigation, analysis and reporting via QIR multimedia problems in Kia vehicles 25% 2nd Directs and supervises the preparation of all work related to the publication of TSB SA PITSTOPs and provides direction to TECHLINE on multimedia corrective actions. 15% 3rd Lead and directs IQS/VDS activities associated with multimedia 25% 4th Plans and directs go and see activities with KMC, NAQC and other subsidiary' personnel. 10% 5th Plans and directs product audits through a combination of in plant audits , POE audits and forward model evaluations. 10% 6th Supervise Service Engineer, providing training and direction 15%
* Bachelor's degree in engineering or equivalent work experience required
* Strong working knowledge of automobile technology, with the ability to perform hands-on diagnostic, mechanical and electrical work on vehicle systems required
* Strong analytical approach to problem resolution preferred
* 5+ years of management experience desired
Directly Related Experience
* 10+ years automotive industry experience in quality assurance or engineering environment required
* Multimedia experience highly desired
Proficient in MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Project management skills which includes handling multiple projects simultaneously.
Senior: additional reporting, coordination and Supervisory skills
Strong leadership & collaboration skills
Strong technical writing capabilities and oral communication skills
Technical Background in multimedia
CHALLENGE - Solving Complex Problems
COLLABORATION - Building and Supporting Teams
CUSTOMER - Serving Customers
GLOBALITY - Showing Community and Social Responsibility
PEOPLE - Interacting with People at Different Levels
Equal Employment Opportunities
KUS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, including pregnancy and childbirth and related medical conditions, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, legally protected physical disability or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, family care or medical leave status, protected veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. KUS complies with applicable law governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which KUS has offices. The KUS EEO policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment.
Disclaimer: The above information on this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification and for this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Nearest Major Market: Irvine California
Nearest Secondary Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Engineer, Electrical, Manager, Testing, Engineering, Management, Automotive, Technology