Teaching Assistant, Delano Campus Substitute and Short-term Temporary Hourly Pool, as needed
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Title: Teaching Assistant, Delano Campus Substitute and Short-term Temporary Hourly Pool, as needed Position Number: 01284 Posting Date 07/21/2020 Closing Date Initial Screening Date Open Until Filled Yes Position Type: Short-term Temporary Hourly Rate:
$21.35 per hour
Work Week as needed Minimum Salary: Maximum Salary: Benefits:
This position is not eligible for benefits.
College/Site: Bakersfield College Location BC-Main Campus Basic Function
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, provide individual and group instructional services in a subject area; prepare, distribute and discuss grades and examinations with students; provide complex clerical assistance to the teaching staff.
Education and Experience
Any combination equivalent to: Associate degree supplemented by course work in education or a related field AND two years tutoring experience in an educational setting and/or in a subject related to the assignment.
Knowledge and Abilities KNOWLEDGE OF:
* Modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
* Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
* Basic record-keeping techniques.
* Telephone techniques and etiquette.
* Policies and objectives of assigned program and activities.
* Basic instructional methods.
* Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
* Oral and written communication skills.
* Basic math.
* Subject matters related to the assignment.
* Operation of audio-visual and instructional equipment including a computer.
* Apply and explain policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
* Understand and explain department and program objectives and goals.
* Assist teachers with a variety of programs.
* Perform clerical duties such as filing, typing, duplicating and maintaining routine records.
* Answer telephones and greet the public courteously.
* Operate a variety of audio-visual, instructional and office equipment including a computer.
* Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
* Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
* Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
Salary Grade 41.0 Special Instructions to Applicants