Plumber - Short-term Temporary Hourly Assignment
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Title: Plumber - Short-term Temporary Hourly Assignment Position Number: 01459 Posting Date 10/14/2015 Closing Date Initial Screening Date Open Until Filled Yes Position Type: Short-term Temporary Hourly Rate:
$26.87 per hour
Work Week Minimum Salary: Maximum Salary: Benefits:
This position does not qualify for benefits.
College/Site: Bakersfield College Location BC-Main Campus Basic Function
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, perform journey-level plumbing work in the repair, installation and maintenance of plumbing equipment.
Education and Experience
Any combination equivalent to: graduation from high school and four years of journey-level plumbing experience
Knowledge and Abilities KNOWLEDGE OF:
* Standard methods, practices, equipment, materials and tools of the plumbing trade.
* Modern methods of plumbing construction and repair work.
* State, county and city plumbing codes and ordinances.
* Basic record-keeping techniques.
* Safe work practices.
* Skillfully use plumbing tools and equipment.
* Plan and lay out plumbing work.
* Perform repairs to plumbing systems.
* Maintain a variety of work records.
* Supervise and train assigned staff.
* Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
* Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Salary Grade 47 Special Instructions to Applicants
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
* Completed Online Application for Employment form
* Current resume
* List of six (6) professional references - Listed on application form
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.#06022021