Industrial Drawing Instructor, Part-time Adjunct Pool
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Title: Industrial Drawing Instructor, Part-time Adjunct Pool Position Number: 01306 Posting Date 06/11/2020 Closing Date Initial Screening Date Open Until Filled Yes Position Type: Part-Time Academic Rate:
$60.00/hour; Hourly rate may vary based on type of assignment and the Lecture Hour Equivalent (LHE) formula. For more information, refer to the CCA collective bargaining agreement or your college HR office.
Work Week Flexible, as needed Minimum Salary: Maximum Salary: Benefits:
Sick Leave Only.
This position is eligible for employee paid health benefits.
College/Site: Bakersfield College Location BC-Main Campus Basic Function
This is for an adjunct pool that will be used to staff assignments during the 2020-2021 academic year.
The successful applicant will be expected to provide instruction in a full range of industrial drawing courses.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree and two years of experience;
OR - Associate's degree AND six years of experience;
OR - Possession of a valid credential which authorizes full-time teaching of Architecture at the California Community College level;
OR - The equivalent. Certain combinations of education, experience, and other accomplishments in the field may be judged as equal to the stated minimum qualifications for these positions. Candidates who feel they possess such equivalent qualifications must request and submit an APPLICATION FOR EQUIVALENCE form. Supporting documents must be included with the completed form.
* A demonstrated sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds and students with disabilities.
Note: Degrees and credits generally must be from accredited institutions (Title V Section 53406).
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Knowledge and Abilities
Knowledge and Abilities:
* Commitment to student learning.
* Awareness of the College mission, vision, and values.
* Sensitivity to students with a wide range of skills, motivations, and academic goals.
* Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
* Knowledge of computers and willingness to experiment using multimedia instructional materials.
* Commitment to working effectively and harmoniously with colleagues in an environment that promotes teaching, learning and service students.
Salary Grade Special Instructions to Applicants
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
* Completed Online Application for Employment form
* Current resume
* Copies of legible transcripts
* List of six (6) professional references - Listed on application form
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.