Graphics Technician, Substitute and Short-term/Temporary Hourly Pool
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Title: Graphics Technician, Substitute and Short-term/Temporary Hourly Pool Position Number: 01248 Posting Date 01/23/2017 Closing Date Initial Screening Date Open Until Filled Yes Position Type: Short-term Temporary Hourly Rate: Work Week Minimum Salary: $14.46 per hour Maximum Salary: Benefits:
This position is not eligible for health benefits.
College/Site: Bakersfield College Location BC-Main Campus Basic Function
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, perform complex technical tasks relative to the areas of electronic publishing, media graphics and duplicating.
Education and Experience
Any combination equivalent to: graduation from high school supplemented by specialized training in electronic publishing and graphics and two years of responsible experience related to computerized graphics, publications and offset reproduction.
Knowledge and Abilities KNOWLEDGE OF:
* Modern methods, techniques, procedures and equipment used in word processing, desktop publishing and printing.
* A variety of software packages, including word processing programs, page-layout programs, postscript drawing programs, scanner-supported software (art and optical character recognition programs), and spreadsheets.
* Principles, methods and techniques of graphic design and layout.
* Purposes and uses of duplicating and related print shop equipment.
* Modern office procedures, methods and equipment.
* Principles and procedures of record keeping.
* English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
* Learn, interpret and apply the policies and procedures of the district.
* Operate a variety of office machines, word processors, and computer graphics equipment.
* Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
* Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
* Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Salary Grade 37.0 Special Instructions to Applicants
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
* Completed Online Application for Employment form
* Current resume
* Copy of legible transcripts, if applicable
* List of six (6) professional references - Listed on application form
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.