Graphics Designer Substitute and Short-term/Temporary Hourly Pool
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Title: Graphics Designer Substitute and Short-term/Temporary Hourly Pool Position Number: 01249 Posting Date 01/17/2017 Closing Date Initial Screening Date Open Until Filled Yes Position Type: Short-term Temporary Hourly Rate:
$16.34 per hour
Work Week As needed Minimum Salary: Maximum Salary: Benefits:
This position is not eligible for benefits.
College/Site: Bakersfield College Location BC-Main Campus Basic Function
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, plan and organize the activities of the Graphics Section at a college; coordinate graphics and duplicating activities with other departments, faculty and staff members; provide specialized assistance to faculty and staff regarding graphics projects, web page design and college marketing and informational materials.
Education and Experience Any combination equivalent to:
Associate degree with course work in graphic design, graphic arts or a related field AND two years of increasingly responsible experience in graphic arts.
Knowledge and Abilities KNOWLEDGE OF:
* Principles, materials, techniques and elements of modern graphic design and layout.
* Various software packages utilized in computerized graphics and web page design, authoring and maintenance.
* Principles of training and providing work direction.
* Methods and materials utilized in digitizing and enhancing images.
* Record-keeping and report preparation techniques.
* Characteristics and uses of paper and ink used in duplication.
* Paper sizes, weights, textures and applications.
* Procedures, methods and techniques of graphic developments and web page design.
* Basic math.
* Design and produce printed material for the college from concept to print.
* Design, develop and maintain college web sites and serve as webmaster.
* Operate a variety of computer graphics equipment and digital cameras.
* Create hand-lettered work for printed material.
* Create camera-ready renderings, calculate margins, tabs and other typesetting formats.
* Train and provide work direction to assigned staff.
* Maintain records related to schedules, cost estimates, job tracking and other related records.
* Operate a variety of print shop equipment including a copier, paper cutter, folders and printers.
* Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
* Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
Salary Grade 39.5 Special Instructions to Applicants
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
* Completed Online Application for Employment form
* Current resume
* Copy of legible transcripts, if applicable
* List of six (6) professional references - Listed on application form
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.